FJT at Fairwinds GC (11-12 & 9-10)
October 19-20, 2019
Fort Pierce, Fla. – Phillip Dunham, Miles Russell, Kayla Bryant, and Marley Pedrique earned victories at Fairwinds Golf Course. Victories at this event mark Dunham’s, Russell's, Bryant's third career FJT wins and Pedrique’s first ever FJT win!
Phillip Dunham, of Ponte Vedra Beach, carded a second round 68 (-4) to pass overnight leader Tyler Chapman (-6) and capture his second FJT win of 2019. Chapman fell from the lead after a second round 73 and ended up tied for third with Matvey Golovanov at 139 (-5). Five birdies on day two sealed the one stroke win for Dunham at seven-under par 137. Second place finisher, Mateo Desmond, of Pompano Beach, finished one behind with rounds of 68-70—138 (-6).
In the 9-10 division, Miles Russell went wire-to-wire to win by four strokes! Russell, of Jacksonville Beach, earned his third win of the year in red numbers at four-under par 140. Russell carded seven birdies over both days for scores of 69-71. Luke Parsons, of Salley, SC shot two rounds of even par to claim second place at 144. Arya Patel, of Orlando, carded a 72 in round two and finished in third place, at 152.
Red numbers were key for Kayla Bryant, as she earned her third FJT win with rounds of 71-70 (-3)! Bryant, of Boca Raton, went wire-to-wire to win by one over Ryleigh Knaub, of Winter Springs. Knaub entered round 2 one back of Bryant and despite shooting 70 (-2) in round two, could not catch the overnight leader. Siuue Wu bettered posted a score of 74 in round two to finish in third.
Following the first round, Pedrique held a commanding lead, carding an opening round 73 (+1). The West Palm Beach native would card a final round 78 (+6) to win her first ever FJT title! Ashley Balcom would go on to finish second after carding rounds of 86-79 for a two-day total of 165.
Follow the FJT:
The FJT schedule will continue at the Innisbrook Resort November 9th-11th for the Tour Championship.
Facebook: Florida Junior Tour
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (11-12)||5,542 yds 65.6/110|
|Boys (9-10)||5,063 yds 63.0/105|
|Girls (11-12)||5,063 yds 68.4/117|
|Girls (9-10)||4,261 yds 64.0/108|
|Intermittent Rain||84 °F|
|Partly Cloudy||85 °F|
9-10 and 11-12 Age Divisions
$65 entry fee
No membership required
9-10 and 11-12 Age Divisions
This is a two-day, 36-hole event!
- Junior golfers MUST have experience walking a complete 18-hole golf course. (They should have played numerous, complete, 18-hole rounds prior to competing in FJT events)
- Juniors should already have experience competing in tournament golf (local, state, or national level).
- MUST typically score 60 or below for nine holes or 120 or below for eighteen holes.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- Saturday mid-morning and Sunday morning
- 84 total players
- 9-12 age division (age calculated on the day of the tournament)
- Players and Parent's Mandatory Meeting on Saturday- (45 minutes prior to tee time, approximately 20 minutes long) FSGA staff will discuss topics to help players be more comfortable in golf tournaments. i.e: Etiquette, scoring, pace-of-play, care for the course, Rules of Golf, and other helpful topics.
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,500 yards
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 5,000 yards
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - Approximately 4,200 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup). An FJT Junior Membership is not required. Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee includes tournament rounds, range balls, a tee gift for every player and a trophy for the winner in each division.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 19th
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Meeting - 45 minutes prior to tee time, 20 minutes long (more information below).
Sunday, October 20th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
Subject to change:
10:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:00 - 11:18 AM
10:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 11:27 - 11:54 AM
11:15 AM meeting - Tee times between 12:03 - 12:21 PM
11:45 AM meeting - Tee times between 12:30 - 12:48 PM
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon on weekends. The price for a practice round is $30.00.
Please call 772-462-2722 to arrange your practice round.
Always remember, the proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range. Hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion earns 1 performance star.
- Champion earns 1 performance star.
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard in the 11-12 age division only.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds. Push carts are allowed.
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accomodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Fairwinds Golf Course
4400 Fairwinds Drive
Fort Pierce, FL. 34946