July 12-13, 2014
Richardson & Orr Win 65th Four-Ball
The team of Conor Richardson and Ryan Orr capture the 65th Florida State Four-Ball Championship at Grand Cypress Golf Club in Orlando, on July 12-13.
Conor Richardson, of West Palm Beach, and Ryan Orr, of Belleair, posted a tournament total of 17-under par 127 to win their first State Championship by one stroke. Playing the New Course on Saturday, Richardson and Orr would make nine birdies and no bogeys for their round of 63. Even with a fantastic round on Saturday, the pair would find themselves two shots back entering the final round. Playing the Noth/South Course on Sunday, Richardson and Orr got off to a hot start with birdies on 1, 2, 5, and 6 to turn at 32. The University of Florida college teammates continued their stellar play on the back nine with birdies on 10, 11, 15 and 16 for their round of 64. This victory has also earned the pair an exemption for the next three years into the Four-Ball Championship.
The duo from Jacksonville, Dillon Woods and Colin Monagle, finished alone in second place after rounds of 61-67 for a tournament total of 16-under par 128. Two teams finished tied for third place including: Jimmy Jones of Tampa, and the 2014 Boys’ Junior Champion, John Coultas, of Valrico and the team of Chip Brooke, of Bartow and Marc Dull, from Winter Haven. The shot of the tournament came on Sunday where Cody Christensen, of Windermere, made a hole in one on the par-3 8th hole playing 184 yards.
In four-ball stroke play, two competitors play as partners, each playing their own ball. The lower score of the partners is the score for the hole.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|New Course||6,813 yds.|
|North - South Course||6,901 yds.|
|Light Breeze||94 °F|
~ North/South & New Course ~
Entries Close Wednesday, May 28, 2014
$180 per team ($160 with GHIN handicap)
The 65th Four-Ball Championship will be played on the North/South and New Course at Grand Cypress Golf Club in Orlando, which has played host to numerous FSGA Championships. Four-Ball is one of the most enjoyable and commonly played formats in all of golf. Partners play their own ball into the hole and take the better of the two scores. For a look at the 2013 Championship Results click here.
- 48 teams; 96 players
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play
- Range balls will be provided before and after each competitive round
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
- Male amateurs must both be members of the FSGA
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes Entry Fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts and gift certificates, course and cart fees, and range balls.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the qualifying field.
Those teams who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $220 per team at the FSGA website or by check to the FSGA office. Payment must be received by Monday, July 7 at 3:30 pm, or the team will be withdrawn from the Championship
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
- The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800-7,100 yards
Schedule of Events
Saturday, July 12th - New Course
- 7:30 AM - 9:20 AM - Round One tee times off of #1 and #10
Sunday, July 13th - North/South Course
- 7:30 AM - 9:20 AM - Round Two tee times off of #1 and #10
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
- 18 holes of four-ball stroke play at 6 local qualifying sites
- During qualifying, each team must use a golf cart
- Caddies are acceptable, but caddies may not ride in the golf cart or carry the player's clubs
- Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds.
BJ Kuhn, of Fort Myers, and Chase Marinell, of Cape Coral, posted a tournament total of 12-under par 132 to win the 2013 Championship by three strokes at Hammock Dunes Club.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Practice Rounds - Championship
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship excluding Tuesday. Practice rounds must be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call (407) 239-1909 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Teams in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements (teams must remain intact):
- Top 5 teams and ties from last year's Four-Ball Championship
- Last three year's Four-Ball Champions
- Current year's Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Champions
- Last year's Mid-Senior Four-Ball Champions
- Current year's Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Champions
- Last year's Senior Four-Ball Champions
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next three Four-Ball Championships
Top five and tied teams
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Grand Cypress Golf Club
One North Jacaranda Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32836
Click here for directions.