Southeastern Challenge Match
October 21-22, 2017
Southeastern Challenge Match is a tri-state biennial competition between Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. The men’s Southeast Challenge Match debuted at Lake Nona Golf Club in Orlando, Florida, in 1989 as an event intended to promote goodwill and competition between the best amateur players, playing as a team, from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
Each team from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama consists of:
- Two players 55 years of age and older as of the first day of the match.
- Two players 50 years of age and older as of the first day of the match.
- Seven players 25 years of age and older as of the first day of the match.
- One player 21 years of age and older as of the first day of the match.
Each state may select its team by whichever method they choose. The FSGA team is determined as follows:
- (1) Senior player with the highest point totals from the Senior Two Year Points List as of September 11, 2017
- (1) Senior player selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (5) Mid-Amateur players with the highest point totals from the Two Year Points List as of September 11, 2017
- (2) Players 50 and older selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (2) Mid-Amateur players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (1) Amateur player 21 and older selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
The FSGA Championship Committee will make its team selections by Wednesday, September 13th. The Championship Committee reserves the right to announce the Senior selections after the completion of the US Senior Amateur Championship.
- Morning Four-Ball Matches
- Afternoon Foursome Three-Ball Matches
- Morning Three-Ball Matches
Championship Field Size
36 players; 12 players from each state.
Each match is played as an 18 hole stipulated round.
- One point for a win
- One-half point for a match ending all square
- No points for a loss
|1989||Florida||FL 32, GA 21 1/2, AL 18 1/2
Lake Nona Golf Club, Orlando, FL
|1990||Georgia||Atlanta National Golf Club, Atlanta, GA
|1991||Alabama||Country Club of Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
|1992||No Matches||No Matches||No Matches|
|1993||No Matches||No Matches||No Matches|
|1994||Florida||FL 41, GA 29, AL 14||Fiddlesticks Country Club, Fort Myers, FL
|1995||Florida||FL 33 1/2, GA 27, AL 23 1/2
||Sea Island Resort, Sea Island, GA
|1996||Florida||FL 31 1/2, GA 29, AL 23 1/2
||Greystone Golf & Country Club, Hoover, AL
|1997||No Matches||No Matches||No Matches|
|1998||Florida||FL 31, GA 29, AL 24||Country Club of Ocala, Ocala, FL
|2000||Georgia||GA 25 1/2, FL 24 1/2, AL 13||Idle Hour Club, Macon, GA
|2002||Georgia||GA 26 1/2, FL 19 1/2, AL 17||The Ledges, Huntsville, AL
|2004||Georgia||GA 28, AL 17 1/2, FL 17 1/2||TwinEagles Club, Naples, FL
|2006||Georgia||GA 32 1/2, FL 15 1/2, AL 15||Hawks Ridge Golf Club, Ball Ground, GA
|2008||Georgia||GA 26 1/2, AL 21 1/2, FL 15||Kiva Dunes Golf Course, Gulf Shores, AL
|2010||Florida||FL 25, GA 22 1/2, AL 15 1/2||Lost Tree Club, North Palm Beach, FL
||No Matches||No Matches|
||FL 25, GA 24, AL 14||Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee, Eatonton, GA
|2015||Florida||FL 25, GA 22.5, AL 15.5
||Willow Point G & CC, Alexander City, AL
1997 - Changed to Biennial Competition
2012 - Align With Offset of USGA State Team