December 13-14, 2019
Entries Close: Wednesday, November 27th at 11:30 PM
In it's second year, the Foursomes Championship will head to the recently renovated International Course at ChampionsGate Resort. The 7,363 yard links-style course is home to sprawling greens and wind swept dunes, featuring 18 of the most dramatic and challenging holes in the state.
Teams of all ages are welcome to compete in the inaugural event, as Champions and prizes will be awarded for both the Championship Division (amateurs of any age) and Senior Division (teams of amateurs, both players age 55 and older)
- 36 holes of gross foursomes stroke play (no handicaps; pure alternate shot)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
- Two divisions - Championship and Senior divisions
What is Foursomes? A foursome is a two person team event where one team member tees off on the odd holes and the other partner tees off on the even holes. The single ball in play is then played alternately into the hole by the team partners.
- $250 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $270 per team Non-GHIN
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 78 teams - 156 players
- Male amateur golfers
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Senior Division only - both team members must be at least 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately
- Championship Division - 6,700 - 7,000 yards
- Senior Division - 6,200 - 6,500 yards
- Championship - two person teams of male amateurs of any age
- Senior - two person teams of male amateurs 55 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
A mixed team (player over 55 and a player under 55 may compete together but both players must play from the Championship tees and compete in the Championship Division.
Schedule of Events
Friday, December 13th
- 7:45 AM - 9:45 AM - Round One tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Saturday, December 14th
- 8:00 AM - Shotgun start
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $45.00 + tax per player. Please call 407-787-4653 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
The team of Brent Dorman and David Griffin captured the Championship division, while Steve Riviere and Rick Cloninger won the Senior division in the Inaugural Foursomes Championship. Click here for the 2018 results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship (Championship Division Champion Only)
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
ChampionsGate Resort accepts cash, Visa/MasterCard, and American Express as forms of payment.
ChampionsGate Golf Resort
8575 White Shark Blvd.
ChampionsGate, Florida 33896