FJT at Rocky Bayou CC (16-18 & 13-15)
November 10-11, 2018
NICEVILLE, Fla. – Parker Bell, Olivia Lu, Madison Tenore and Clay Tucker were all victorious on Sunday at the Florida Junior Tour event at Rocky Bayou Country Club. As a result of this win, all four players received a spot in the FJT Tour Championship on December 8-9 at The Conservatory at Hammock Beach in Palm Coast, Fla.
Boys 13-15 Division
Tucker, of Jacksonville, Fla., captured his first FJT victory in the Boys 13-15 division, posting a 2-under 142 for the two-day tournament. Prior to this win, Tucker’s best FJT finish came this year at Fairwinds Gold Club, where he finished ninth. Following the first round, the 2021 graduate was in a tie for first place with four other competitors.
Tucker shot four-under 68 in the second round, one of just three under-par rounds, while posting a bogey-free back nine. Tucker carded eight birdies total on the weekend to finish with the only under-par round in the division and two strokes ahead of runner-up Justin Burroughs, of Pensacola, Fla.
Girls 13-15 Division
Lu, of Winter Garden, Fla., also won her first FJT event on Sunday in the Girls 13-15 division. Lu posted a six-under 150 for the tournament. Her best FJT finish prior to this weekend was a fourth-place finish this season at Sandridge Golf Club in August. In the first round, Lu carded a 2-over 74 with two birdies and an eagle. She clinched her victory on Sunday with a 4-over 76.
Lu finished two shots ahead of runner-up Alia Scotka, of Crestview, Fla. After carding an 9-over 81 on Saturday, Scotka stormed back to put up the only under-par round of the day, 1-under 71, on her way to second place.
Boys 16-18 Division
Bell, of Tallahassee, Fla., secured his second FJT win of the season on his 15th birthday with a three-under 141 in the 16-18 division. He also captured an FJT win at Capital City Country Club in March. The 2022 graduate was the only player in the division to card two even-par or better rounds in the tournament.
Heading into Sunday’s final round, Bell held a three-stroke lead after posting a 3-under 69 on Saturday with four birdies. He went on to capture the win with an even-par 72 to finish five stroke ahead of runner-up Johnathan Ellis, of Baton Rouge, La.
Girls 16-18 Division
Tenore, of Destin, Fla., was the champion in the 16-18 division on Sunday. She posted a 7-over 151 to capture the first FJT win of her career. Tenore’s best finish prior to this win was a second-place finish this year at Capital City.
She was in a three-way tie for first at five-over 77 following the first round. The 2021 graduate went on to get the victory with a final-round two-over 74 to finish one-stroke ahead of runner-up Lisa Colee.
Florida Junior Tour (Boys & Girls 16-18, 13-15)
- Rocky Bayou Country Club – Niceville, Fla.
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 13-18: 6,674 yards – 72.2/129
- Girls 13-18: 5,693 yards – 72.5/125
- 60 degrees, 20 MPH Wind Gusts
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-18||6,674 yds., 72.2/129|
|Girls 13-18||5,693 yds., 72.5/125|
|20 MPH Wind Gusts||60 °F|
16-18 & 13-15 Age Divisions
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Rocky Bayou is a great 18 hole regulation course located at the Rocky Bayou Country Club facility in Niceville, FL. From the longest tees it offers 6,917 yards of golf for a par of 72. The course was designed by William W. Amick, ASGCA and opened in 1973.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 & 13-15 age divisions (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 & 13-15 Age Divisions - 6,800 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 & 13-15 Age Divisions - 5,900 yards (gross only)
Note to Boys & Girls
The 16-18 and 13-15 divisions will play the same set of tees (approximately 6,700 for the boys and 5,900 yards for the girls). Results that are sent to Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings, GolfWeek rankings, and for AJGA PBE will have the two divisions combined. The divisions will remain separate for FJT purposes (awards, points, exemptions, etc.).
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, November 10th
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
9:30 AM - 11:27 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, November 11th
7:15 AM - 9:12 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call (850) 678-3270 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
The 16-18 and 13-15 divisions will play the same set of tees and the divisions will be combined for AJGA and ranking purposes.
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Rocky Bayou Country Club
600 Golf Course Drive
Niceville, FL 32578
Click for Map