FJT at Eagle Creek GC (Boys 13-15)
April 14-15, 2018
Florida Junior Tour (13-15)
- Eagle Creek Golf Club
- Yardages and Rating
- Boys - 6,757 yds. 72.4/119
- Round One: Hot with light wind gusts
- Round Two: Partly cloudy, with steady winds of 20 mph, gusts in the 30-35 mph range
ORLANDO - The weather might have been able to change the field's plans, but it could not keep Yuze Zhang from his path to victory. Zhang was able to hold off a charging field to claim his first Florida Junior Tour Title.
Boys' 13-15 Division
Going into Sunday's final round, Michael Mays had a one-stroke lead over a group of four players which included eventual Champion Yuze Zhang. By the end of the front nine of Sunday, Zhang had flipped that one-stroke advantage in his favor. Zhang then led a plethora of players jam packed at the top of the leader board, all of which continued to put pressure on Zhang throughout the back nine. This leader board included second place finisher Michael Mays, and third place finishers Jonah Leach, Matthew Yamin, and Frankie Harris. All four combined for seven birdies on the back nine, however, Zhang was able to withstand the pressure and drop a birdie putt on hole 16 to keep a buffer between him and his opponents with two holes remaining. In the end, it was Zhang who was able to best this strong field through what was a breezy week in Orlando, FL.
Scoring & Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,757 yds., 72.4/119|
|Warm with gusting winds||84 °F|
Boys 13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Designed by world-renowned golf course architects Ron Garl and Howard Swan, Eagle Creek is an extraordinary 18-hole, 7217-yard par 73 championship course with five sets of tees for golfers of all skill levels. Eagle Creek Golf Club is a unique course collaboration that blends the best of traditional European design with state-of-the-art American technological innovation.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 14th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 AM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 15th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call (407) 273-4653 ext. 7. ask for Pro Shop, to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Eagle Creek Golf Club
10350 Emerson Lake Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32832
Click for Map