Winter Series Four-Ball - Juliette Falls
January 20-21, 2020
Three Teams earn Winter Series Victories at Juliette Falls
DUNNELLON, Fla. – The Winter Series traveled to Juliette Falls for the second four-ball event of the season. Juliette Falls proved to be a great test for the players over the two-day tournament.
Tesori and Irvin went wire-to-wire to capture the win, finishing the two-day tournament with a 7-under 137. The Ponte Vedra residents fired a first-round 6-under 66 on Monday. Tesori posted seven birdies, while the team only carded one bogey.
The pair started the day with a two-shot lead over the field. They posted a bogey-free front nine in the final round, with Tesori adding a birdie on the ninth and Irvin on the 12th. Tesori and Irvin finished the day with a 1-under 71.
Royak and Kerper fired a 14-under 130 to secure the 10-stroke victory on Tuesday. The pair posted a 10-under 62 in the first round. Kerper carded six birdies and an eagle, while Royak added two birdies. Royak and Kerper sat at the top of the leaderboard heading into the final round with a nine-shot lead.
The pair began the day with a bogey-free front nine, with three birdies. They added two birdies and a bogey on the back nine to finish the day at 4-under 68. This is the second of the season for Royak and the first Winter Series of the season win for Kerper.
LaCrosse and Schewencke posted a 9-under 135 to capture the two-stroke victory in the Super-Senior Division. The Tampa duo fired a 9-under 63, carding nine birdies, on Monday to head into the final round at the top of the leaderboard. LaCrosse and Schewencke used an even-under 72 in the final round to secure the win.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amateur||6,729 yds. 73.0/139|
|Senior||6,269 yds. 70.8/137|
|Super-Senior||6,003 yds. 69.5/134|
|Cold & Breezy||52 °F|
|Cold & Breezy - 1 hour frost delay||48 °F|
Format: 36-holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult Member at least 25 years of age
Handicap: GHIN 10.0 or less
Age Divisions: Mid-Amateur, Senior & Super-Senior
Entry Fee: $320
- 36 holes of individual gross four-ball stroke play (no handicaps)
- Four-Ball (commonly known as two-person better-ball or best ball) is a two-person team where the lowest score of the two players on each individual hole is counted
- Entries are open to male amateur golfers who are age 25 or older as of March 3, 2020
- Both entrants must be a Regular or Foundation Member of the FSGA
- Both entrants must have a handicap active Florida GHIN Handicap and current index of 10.0 or lower.
There are three age divisions; Mid-Amateur (25-54), Senior (55-64) and Super-Senior (65 & above). Each player must compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of March 3, 2020. Competitors may not elect to play in a different age division or from a different tee than designated.
- Mid-Amateur (25-54) plays approximately 6,700 yards
- Senior (55-64) plays approximately 6,400 yards
- Super-Senior (65 & above) approximately 6,100 yards
**After the first round, each age division may be flighted based on the number of competitors and/or the range of scores.
- $320 per team
- Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- Age-group Champions at each event will receive a commemorative award. Gift Certificates (totaling approximately $30 per-player in the field) will be awarded to the top finishers in each age group.
Monday, January 20th
- Round 1 - 11:00 AM 1st Tee Start
Tuesday, January 21st
- Round 2 - 8:30 AM Shotgun
Practice Rounds & Cost
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event on a space available basis and are restricted to after 12:00 PM on weekends. To arrange your practice round please call the club at 352-522-0309. The cost of a practice round is $45 plus tax.
There is currently no host hotel for this event.
Maximum Field Size
Four-Ball events - 48 teams / 96 players in foursomes