Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship (South)
June 2-3, 2018
Scott Kennedy and Ben Finley
The team of Scott Kennedy and Ben Finley sunk a five-foot putt to win by one stroke at Jacaranda Golf Club (East Course). Both residents from Plantation, Kennedy and Finley, went wire-to-wire with rounds of 62-68—130 (-12). The team had 12 birdies in two rounds to secure their victory.
Two teams, Daniel Eggertsson/Ben Adelberg and Scott Turner/Greg Forest, tied for second place at 131 (-11). Turner and Forest played tough coming down the stretch, birdying three out of the last four holes, but could not catch the leaders. Both from Stuart, Turner and Forest posted rounds of 66-65—131. Despite a final round 63, Adelberg, of Boynton Beach, and Eggertsson, of Royal Palm Beach, finished tied for second place after a final round 68. 18 teams finished under-par with two days free of rain in Plantation.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Amatuer||6,839 yds. 72.4 / 120|
|Light Breeze||84 °F|
The Mid-Amateur Four-Ball is the perfect opportunity for a golfing getaway to Southeast Florida, where you will be challenged by Jacaranda Golf Club. You and your partner will compete in two days of four-ball, which is flighted after day one. For a look at the 2017 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (no handicaps)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is a Four-Ball? - A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as a best ball.
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers
- At least 25 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- $320 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $340 per team Non-GHIN
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of
entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800 yards.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 2nd
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Round One tee times off #1 and #10 tees.
Sunday, June 4th
- 8:30 AM - Shotgun
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax per player. Please call 954-472-5836 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Christopher Carlin and Christopher O'Connor fired rounds of 64-66--130 (-14) which was good enough for a two-shot victory over three teams.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Renaissance by Marriott - Plantation
1230 S Pine Island Rd
Plantation, FL 33324
$119 per room, per night plus tax. Call hotel and reference "FSGA Room Block". Must book by 5/18 to receive rate.
Jacaranda Golf Club accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express as forms of payment.
9200 W. Broward Boulveard
Plantation, FL 33324