FJT at Amelia National GC (16-18)
March 18-19, 2017
Arcaya & Meenakshisundaram reign supreme at Amelia National Golf Club.
Florida Junior Tour
- Boys 16-18 - 6,963 yds. 74.1/137
- Girls 16-18 - 6,036 yds. 75.3/134
- The wind wreaked havoc on the juniors at Amelia National Golf Club. Wind gusts of up to 20 mph caused parents to bundle up and players to consider different shot types.
Ignacio Arcaya takes home his first ever Florida Junior Tour victory with two solid rounds of 73-73. Cody Carroll held the round 1 lead with and opening round of even par 72. His lead would grow to four shots through twelve holes during the final round. A rough patch on holes 13 through 15 brought Ignacio right back in it. Ignacio's birdie on the 16th hole would be the clinching putt as his pars on the final two holes were good enough for a two shot victory. Yujie (Jason) Jin rounds out the top three with two rounds of 75.
Another first time winner would prevail with Ramya Meenakshisundaram earning the crown in the Girls 16-18 division. Ramya started the final round one shot back of already FJT champion, Caroline Hwang. Birdies on her fourth and sixth holes would erase the deficit and Ramya wouldn't look back from there. An even par 36 on her back nine led her to a final round of 73 and a tournament total 147 which was good enough for a two shot victory. Caroline Hwang finished in second place. Her sister Victoria Hwang, Ella Woods, and Izzy Pellot all tied for third.
Click here for complete results.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,963 yds. 74.1/137|
|Girls 16-18||6,036 yds. 75.3/134|
|Winds 12-15 mph||76 °F|
|Gusts of 20 mph||61 °F|
16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Just a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean, Amelia National Golf Club is a great par 72, 7,100+ Tom Fazio designed golf course hidden in the northeastern corner of Florida. The European style clubhouse is a site to see and the golf course is sure to be a delightful challenge. That was proven with last years field that had only one player under par for the 36 hole championship.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 18th
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:30 AM - 1:27 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, March 19th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 904-652-0660 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Ranked by GolfWeek.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $24 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Amelia National Golf Club
95211 Clubhouse Road
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Click for Map