Senior Amateur Championship
April 10-12, 2012
A J Kroeger finishes at 3-under par to win the Senior Championship
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Light winds||82 °F|
Entries Close Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Lake Wales Country Club was built in 1926 and designed by Donald Ross, the nations first great golf course designer, and the man who laid out Pinehurst No. 2 in North Carolina, Oakland Hills in Michigan and Seminole Golf Club in Florida.
54 holes of individual stroke play. The field of 144 players will be cut to the low 60 and ties after the second round. There will be a hole by hole play-off immediately following play in event of a tie for first place only. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any playoff. Initial groupings will be for two days; the field will be re-paired by score after the second round. Round three tee times will start at 8:00 AM off of the first & tenth tees.
Championship Field Size
Male amateurs must be age 55 or older as of April 10, 2012, and be a member of the FSGA.
Qualifying Fee: $70 ($80 - members who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap). Qualifying Fee includes Entry Fee and cart fee.
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $240 either online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org or by check to the FSGA office for advance payment of Championship Fees.
New for 2012, Championship Fees include lunch after each of the first two rounds and a Player Dinner. Payment must be received by Wednesday, April 4 by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. Championship Fee includes cart fees for all competitive rounds.
Exempt Players Fee
$260 ($270 - members who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap). Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee (includes lunch after each of the first two rounds and a Player Dinner) and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption. (See below)
18 holes of stroke play at 7 sites. Cart fees are included in your qualifying fee. Qualifying Sites - Click here
Jim Carley, of Ormond Beach, won the title by shooting 67-69-72--208 at the Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton.
Practice Round Cart Fees
Players are responsible for practice round cart fees at qualifying sites and at the Championship Proper.
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements.
- Last ten year's Senior Amateur Champions Top 30 & tied from last year's Senior Amateur Championship
- Last three year's Senior Amateur Match Play Championship senior (55-64) age division Champions
- Last year's Super Senior Champion
- Player finishing runner-up in last year's Senior Amateur Match
- Play Championship senior (55-64) age division
- Top 10 & tied from last year's Senior Player of the Year final point standings
- Top 20 & tied from the Winter Series senior (55-64) age division current points list as of the close of entries
- Winners of the current year's Winter Series season senior (55-64) age division individual events
- Points Champion of last year's Winter Series senior (55-64) age division points list
- Players finishing in the top 30 & tied of last year's Mid-Senior Championship
- Players making match play at last year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Players qualifying for any one of last year's USGA National
- Championships Top 3 & tied from last year's Palm Beach County
- Golf Association Senior points list
- Last year's PBCGA Senior
- Amateur Champion
- Last year's PBCGA Tour Championship Senior
- Division Champion Top 3 & tied from last year's Emerald Coast
- Senior Scratch Series
- Last year's ECSSS Match Play Champion
Spectators and Caddies
Spectators and caddies are always welcome at FSGA Championships. Only players are allowed to ride in carts. If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
There will be a registration table set up from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at Lake Wales Country Club to pick up your tee gift and player information the day before the Championship. This is NOT a mandatory registration. Tee gifts and additional player information will be available for pick up before the competitive rounds for players not playing a practice round on Monday. If we have received your payment for your Championship Fee by Wednesday, April 4th you have pre-registered for the Championship.
Practice Round- Championship
Practice rounds are available after the field is set on Wednesday, March 28th. Please call (863) 676-6519 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Championship Pace of Play
Click here to read the Championship Pace of Play Policy.
Hard Card; Local Rules and Conditions of Competitions
Click here to read the Hard Card and additional Conditions of Competitions.
Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, caddie and spectator and other policies.
Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into either qualifying for the Championship or into the Championship proper.
Lake Wales Country Club accepts Cash, Visa/MasterCard & American Express as payment.
Click here for host hotel information.
Directions to the Club
Lake Wales Country Club
2925 Highway 60 East
Lake Wales, FL 33898