FJT at Ocala GC (13-15)
October 12-13, 2019
OCALA, Fla. - Ocala Golf Club proved to be a great test for the FJT as Jackson Klauk and Yongze Cheng prevailed over a tight leaderboard.
In only his second year on the FJT, Jackson Klauk, of Saint Augustine, earned his first win with two impressive rounds of golf. Klauk finished round one in the lead by one stroke after three birdies and an eagle in his first nine holes led to a five under-par 67! Diego Passos, of Orlando, had a near flawless first round making five birdies and one bogey to finish in second place at 68.
Klauk started round two with a bogey on the first hole but fought back with a birdie to turn at even par. A birdie on the 12th hole followed by an eagle on the par five 13th hole, secured the wire-to-wire win for Klauk. Finishing with a final round 70 and tournament total seven under-par 137, Klauk earned a spot in the Tour Championship in December. One stroke behind tied for second place, with identical rounds of 70-68, finished Chih Yu Lin and Erik Plenge at six under-par 138.
Yongze Cheng, of Bradenton, started her first FJT event confidently, finishing her final nine holes with two birdies for a 74 and one stroke lead. Arenui Faana, who won her first FJT (11-12) event in April, followed close behind with a round one 75.
Steady golf in round two, including a birdie on the 17th hole, allowed Cheng to clinch her first FJT victory by two strokes. Posting a round two 75 and finishing at 149, Cheng won her first event and secured a spot in the Tour Championship. Elan Zhang started round two four strokes back, but with three birdies in a row in her final nine holes, she finished in second place with rounds of 78-73—151.
1. Jackson Klauk -7 (137)
T2. Chih Yu Lin -6 (138)
T2. Erik Plenge -6 (138)
4. Carson Brewer -5 (139)
T5. Alex Heard -3 (141)
T5. Xiang Yun Bai -3 (141)
1. Yongze Cheng +5 (149)
2. Elan Zhang +7 (151)
T3. Analiese Raath +8 (152)
T3. Arenui Faana +8 (152)
5. Alexandra Gazzoli +10 (154)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,495 yds., 70.0/120|
|Girls 13-15||5,709 yds., 70.3/120|
|Sunny w/ a light breeze||85 °F|
13-15 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 12th
7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, October 13th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior and after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $25.00. Please call 352-401-6917 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 2 performance stars
- Top three receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
Ocala Golf Club
3130 E Silver Springs Blvd.
Ocala, FL 34470
Click for Map