FJT at The Forest CC (16-18)
October 14-15, 2017
Florida Junior Tour (16-18)
- The Forest Country Club
- Yardages and Rating
- Boys - 6,825 yds. 73.9/131
- Girls - 6,050 yds. 75.7/129
Andrew Porter, of Neptune Beach, came from behind to earn his first win on the Florida Junior Tour. Porter started the final round at The Forest Country Club three strokes back of first place after a round one 74. Shobhit Gupta, of Bradenton, took the early lead with a one under-par 71, the only under-par round in the boys' division. Jeewon Park and James Nieporte tied for second lurking two strokes back of first after day one. Sunday's final round started with Porter playing strong making the turn at one under-par 35 while Gupta started to fall from first place finishing his final round with a 78 and tied for third place finish. Porter continued his great play finishing at even par to claim the lead by two shots with a 146 total. Roberto Nieves shot two strokes better in round two to finish in second place, 75-73--148. Jeewon Park fell to tie Gupta in third place with a 149 tournament total. Porter claimed his first FJT win and spot in the Tour Championship!
Round one saw Brittany Shin, of Cape Coral, take the lead with an even par 72 before having to withdraw after four holes in round two. Siyan Chen, of Howey-in-the-Hills, started the final round in second place after a round one 75. An even par round on Sunday propelled Chen, Tour Championship winner in 2016, to win first place by two strokes at a 147 total. Greer Valaquenta, of Bradenton, carded an impressive one under-par 71 to finish in second place with a 149 total.
Scoring & Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,825 yds. 73.9/131|
|Girls 16-18||6,050 yds. 75.7/129|
|Mild Breeze and Hot||86 °F|
|Light Winds||85 °F|
~ Bear Course ~
* New Site - Event originally scheduled at Eagle Creek*
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
The famed Bear Course at The Forest Country Club exceeds the expectations of all who experience it. The Bear has been the host to over 5 United States Golf Association events including the U.S. Open Qualifier. It has also hosted over 16 Florida State Golf Association events include the Amateur Match Play Championship. Ranked by GOLFWEEK Magazine as one of Florida's Top 25 Most Distinctive Courses, The Bear will provide a very difficult challenge for the FJT players.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 14th
10:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, October 15th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (239) 482-8378 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Parents are welcome to play with their junior golfer for $30.00 plus tax as well.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top 5 receive 4 performance stars
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top 3 receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranked by Golfweek
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Please click here to view hotel accommodations for this event.
The Forest Country Cub
6100 Club Boulevard SW
Fort Myers, FL 33908
Click for Map