July 27-28, 2019
Entries Close: Wednesday, June 26th at 11:30 PM
The 70th Four-Ball Championship will be played at the classic Pine Tree Golf Club. The Dick Wilson design is regarded as a favorite by many in Southeast Florida and will serve as a challenge to all competitors! For a look at the past Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play (commonly called two person best-ball)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
Championship Field Size
Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfer
- At least one player must be 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
Entry Fees (per team)
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts and gift certificates, all course and cart fees, and range balls.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Those teams who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $220 per team at the FSGA website, www.fsga.org. Payment must be received by Monday, July 22nd at 3:30 pm, or the team will be withdrawn from the Championship
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800-7,100 yards
Schedule of Events
Saturday, July 27th
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
Sunday, July 28th
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Round two tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
- 18 holes of four-ball stroke play at 6 local qualifying sites
- During qualifying, each team must use a golf cart
- Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds
University of North Florida Teammates and past Florida Junior Tour winners Jordan Batchelor & Michael Mattiace paired up to capture the 69th Four-Ball Championship at The Conservatory Course at Hammock Beach Resort. The duo held fired round of 66-63--129 (-15) to hold off Florida Open & Amatuer Champion Gabriel Lench, and partner Chase Ibbotson. Click here for the 2018 results.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds of the Championship. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Practice Rounds - Championship
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship, on a space available basis, and must be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 561-734-6050 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Teams in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements (teams must remain intact):
NOTE: Blank entries will be filed by the FSGA for players who become exempt after the close of entries
- Top 5 teams and ties from last year's Four-Ball Championship
- Last three year's Four-Ball Champions
- Current year's Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Champions
- Last year's Mid-Senior Four-Ball Champions
- Current year's Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Champions
- Current year's Two-Man Shoot-Out Champions
- Last year's Senior Four-Ball Champions
- Teams qualifying for the current year's U.S. Four-Ball Championship (one player of the side must reside in Florida)
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next three Four-Ball Championships
Top five and tied teams
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Courtyard Boynton Beach
1601 N Congress Ave
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
$92 per room, per night. Please call in and ask for "FSGA 4 Ball Championship Room Block" or click herehttps://bit.ly/2W0ZrIt to book online.
Must book by 7/19/2019 to receive rate.
Pine Tree Golf Club takes Cash, Visa, Mastercard and American Express as forms of payment
Pine Tree Golf Club
10600 Pine Tree Terrace
Boynton Beach, FL 33436
Click here for directions.