71st Four-Ball Championship
August 15-16, 2020
Valdes and Harris Triumphant at Streamsong
STREAMSONG, Fla. - Brendan Valdes and Frankie Harris raised the 71st Four-Ball Championship trophy on Sunday at Streamsong Resort. Valdes and Harris fired a final-round 64 to finish the championship at 18-under 128.
This is the first FSGA championship for both Valdes and Harris, who are both Auburn University commits.
Beginning the final round two shots behind the leaders, Valdes and Harris got off to a quick start, with Valdes birding two of the first four holes, to move into solo first place. Harris extended the lead for the team, with an ace on the par-3 fifth hole, the second of his career.
After a two-hour weather delay, the duo of Valdes and Harris kept things rolling. Valdes birdied three-straight holes to give the pair a three-shot lead with seven to play. They added three more birdies on the back nine to finish the round at 9-under 64, the low round of the day.
Sully Zagerman and Patrick Poate held the lead after the first into the final-round, after posting the low round of the championship (11-under 62) in the first round. The Florida Atlantic University teammates took home a second-place finish at 6-under 130. After a bogey-free front nine, Poate eagled the par-5 10th hole. Zagerman put together a strong finish for the team, birding three of the final four holes, to post a final-round 68.
Kuangyu (Tony) Chen and Gregory Solhaug finished third at 15-under 131. The duo started the day with a 2-under on the front side. They put together a phenomenal back nine, birding six holes, to take third place with a final-round 65.
Three teams finished in a tie for fourth place at 14-under 132: Devon Hopkins / Matt Kleinrock, Sampson (Yunhe) Zheng / Grant Drogosch and Carl Santos-Ocampo / Marc France.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|71st Four-Ball||7,205 yds., 74.1/134|
|71st Four-Ball||7,190 yds., 74.1/134|
|Partly cloudy and humid||95 °F|
|Cloudy with steady breeze||94 °F|
The Four-Ball Championship is Florida's most competitive team event each year. This Championship attracts the best amateur players around the state as they pair-up with long-time competitors and friends to battle other formidable teams.
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member; one player at least 16 years old
Handicap: GHIN 10.0 or less
Entry Fees: Qualifying - $170 | Exempt - $340
- Championship field size - 48 teams (96 players)
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play (commonly called two person best-ball)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
- Male amateur golfer
- At least one player must be 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 10.0 or less at the time of entry
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
|| Late Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying fee includes entry fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts and gift certificates, all course and cart fees, and range balls.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt fee includes Championship fee and entry fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Those teams who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $250 per team at the FSGA website, www.fsga.org. Payment must be received by 3:30 PM on Monday, August 10th, or the team will be withdrawn from the Championship
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,900-7,500 yards
Friday, August 14th
- Practice Rounds available
Saturday, August 15th
- 7:30 - 9:30 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
- Complimentary player's lunch following round one
Sunday, August 16th
- 7:30 - 9:30 AM - Round two tee times off of #1 and #10 tees
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
- 18 holes of four-ball stroke play at 6 local qualifying sites
- During qualifying, each team must use a golf cart
- Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds
Eric Havixbeck & Anthony Scolapio opened with a 61 to race to the lead at Pine Tree Golf Club. The duo's 61-67--128 (-14) was good enough for a one stroke victory over the team of Marc France & Carl Santos-Ocampo, and two over 2018 US Amateur Four-Ball runner-ups Chip Brooke & Marc Dull. Click here for 2019 results.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds of the Championship. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Practice Rounds - Championship
Discounted Practice Rounds of $45 plus tax are available on Friday, August 14th only. The fee includes range balls and cart fee. Caddies will not be required for the practice rounds. Players should call 863-428-1000 to book.
Practice rounds outside of the window will require a caddie and normal rates will apply.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next three Four-Ball Championships
Top five and tied teams
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Click here for host hotel information.
Streamsong Resort accepts cash and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
Streamsong Resort - Black Course
3000 Dunes Pass
Streamsong, FL 33834
Click here for directions.