FJT at Ocala GC (16-18)
October 13-14, 2018
Florida Junior Tour (Boys & Girls 16-18)
- Ocala Golf Club - Ocala
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 16-18 – 6,552 yds., 70.3/125
- Girls 16-18 – 5,849 yds., 73.2/125
- Rounds 1 & 2 – 80 degrees, cool mornings, sunshine
Boys 16-18 Division
Red numbers lit up the leaderboard after round one with Tiaan Mattiace, of Jacksonville, and Bryce Walker, of Bartow, tied at the top. Both Mattiace and Walker posted rounds of 69 (-3) to take the lead by one stroke. Gray Albright and Sam Nicholson lingered one stroke behind tied for third place with rounds of 70.
Although Mattiace started round two with a bogey, he followed up with three birdies on the front nine and two birdies on the back nine for another consistent round of 69 for a one stroke victory at 138 (-6). Walker put up a fight carding two birdies on the front nine along with an eagle on the par five, seventh hole. Finishing the round with three more birdies on his final nine holes, Walker finished one stroke back at 139 (-5) due to six bogies on the round. Ocala resident, Gray Albright, finished with a steady round of 71 to claim third place at one under-par, 141. Mattiace earned his first FJT victory, with consistent impressive rounds of 69!
Girls 16-18 Division
Wyndom Burnett, of Citrus Springs, highlight round one as she bounced back with eight birdies after a triple-bogey on the first hole. Burnett finished round one in the lead by four strokes after a five under-par 67. Traveling from West Edmeston, NY, Bailey Shoemaker would start round two in second place after a first round 71 (-1). Madison Hewlett, of Oldsmar, and Juliana Camargo, of Winter Garden, tied for third place five strokes behind.
Another victory was won by Bailey Shoemaker due to consistent golf after she posted a second round of 71 for a two under-par total of 142. Burnett fell to second place after a second round with five bogies and three birdies to finish at 143 (-1). Madison Hewlett finished in third place solo with a second round one stroke lower than Juliana Camargo, who finished in fourth place. Hewlett posted a round two 73 for a 145 total while Camargo finished with a second round 74 and 146 total. Shoemaker is a force to be reckoned with as she has won each of the two FJT events she has participated in.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (16-18)||6,552 yds. 70.3/12|
|Girls (16-18)||5,849 yds. 73.2/125|
|Crisp morning, beautiful day||80 °F|
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required.
Located in the heart of Ocala, Ocala Golf Club is set to host the Florida Junior Tour. Tifeagle greens and strategically placed bunkers will force competitors to accurately place each shot in the proper section of fairway or green to make birdies.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 13th
7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, October 14th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior and after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $25.00. Please call 352-401-6917 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receives 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Ocala
$89 per room, per night, plus tax. Click here to book online or call hotel. Must book by September 21st for rate.
Ocala Golf Club
3130 E Silver Springs Blvd.
Ocala, FL 34470
Click for Map