Junior Florida Cup
July 23-24, 2018
The Junior Florida Cup is a Ryder Cup-style event that pits the best junior golfers in Florida against each other. It is a fun-filled three days that starts off with team meetings and practice rounds, followed by an optional team dinner at a local restaurant. The first day of matches includes mixed-foursomes (boy/girl alternate shot) as well as four-ball matches (two person best ball) which are followed by the pairings dinner at the club. During dinner, players select who they would like to play against in the following day's singles matches - something that always provides for some entertaining moments! And just like the Ryder Cup, the final day concludes with singles matches followed by the trophy presentation. For those who are invited, it is a can't miss opportunity!
This event is invitation only. Boys and girls are invited by their standing on the Junior Florida Cup points list on Tuesday, May 29th. All FJT events held in August 2017 through May 2018 are included in the points list.
Click here for more information on the Junior Florida Cup.
$100 includes practice round, two team shirts, team hat, towel, one lunch and one dinner (pairings dinner).
The $100 entry fee must be paid through the website. After receiving an invitation, the player must submit an entry through the website by clicking on "Enter" above on this page.
Championship Format & Agenda
Ryder Cup style format between the North Team and the South Team. Each match is worth one point to the team total. First team to 16 1/2 points wins the Cup for one year. A 16-16 tie results in the defending champions retaining the Cup for an additional year.
Sunday, July 22nd
- Afternoon - Team meetings and practice rounds
- Evening - Optional player gathering at a local restaurant
Monday, July 23rd
- Morning - Four-ball matches (best ball) followed by lunch
- Afternoon - Foursomes matches (alternate shot)
- Evening - Pairings Dinner at club
Tuesday, July 24th
- Morning - Singles matches and trophy presentation
Each team consists of 10 boys and 6 girls selected primarily based on their position on the Junior Florida Cup points list.
The South team defeated the North 17.5-14.5 to claim the cup in 2017.
Practice Rounds and Team Meetings
Practice rounds are "team practice rounds" and are held after the team meeting on Sunday, July 22nd. Team meetings will be held shortly after noon and players will play their practice round immediately after the meeting. More information will be provided to participants from their team captain.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Courtyard Marriott - Sarasota University Park/Lakewood Ranch Area
8305 Tourist Center Drive
University Park, FL 34201
$104 + tax per night
Click here to book
Method of Payments
The Founders Golf Club accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express for purchases.
The Founders Golf Club
3800 Golf Hall Drive
Sarasota, FL 34240