Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship
September 5-6, 2020
Santos-Ocampo & France Survive Playoff to Win
NAPLES, Fla. - Carl Santos-Ocampo and Marc France survived a playoff to win at the Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship at The Club at the Strand. With a birdie on the first playoff hole, Santos-Ocampo and France were victorious on Sunday.
This is the second FSGA championship victory for both Santos-Ocampo and France.
Santos-Ocampo and France began the final round in a tie for first place, after a bogey-free 63 in the first round with nine birdies. The duo carded their only bogey of the championship to start the final round, but rebounded quickly with two birdies on the front nine.
France birdied two of the first three holes to begin the back side and moved the team to 12 under. Santos-Ocampo birdied the 14th, while France added another on the 15th. The pair finished the day in a tie for first place at 14-under 130 with Will Davenport and Richard Donegan
After a short weather delay, Santos-Ocampo and France birdied the first playoff hole to capture the victory.
This is the first FSGA championship victory for France since the 2019 Senior/Mid-Amateur Four-Ball Championship, while this is the first for Santos-Ocampo since the 2002 Boys’ Junior Amateur Championship.
Davenport and Donegan took home a runner-up finish, after finishing the championship bogey free. Donegan birdied the 16th hole to force a playoff with Santos-Ocampo and France.
Derek Hurwitch and Matthew Marino finished third at 13-under 131, while the teams of Ryan Wilkins / Jacob Richard and Joseph Latowski / Ben Finley at 12-under 132.
In the Flight One Division, Drew Ditty and Daniel Owen came out on top at 10-under 134 with a stellar final-round 63.
|Hot, humid & light breezes||95 °F|
The Event is Full - Click here to view Alternates List
Certain to provide an atmosphere for competitive team golf, the Mid-Amateur Four-Ball attracts the best Mid-Amateur teams throughout the state each year. The Mid-Amateur Four-Ball is a great event for two players 25 or older to team up and compete for a state championship.
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 25 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (commonly known as two-person best-ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 52 teams (104 players)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is a Four-Ball? - A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as a best ball.
- Male amateur golfers at least 25 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 15.0 or less at time of entry
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, September 5th
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Round one tee times off #1 & #10 tees.
Sunday, September 6th
- 8:30 AM - Shotgun
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Round two tee times off #1 & #10 tees
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of
entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800 yards.
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax per player. Please call the golf shop at 239-592-9944 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
TJ Shuart and Scott Turner fired impressive rounds of 64-62--126 (-18) which was good enough for a three-shot victory over the team of Johnson/Kasprzyk. Click here for the previous year's results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The Club at The Strand will accept payments of Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card.
The Club at The Strand (Sabel / Savannah)
5840 Strand Boulevard
Naples, FL 34110
Click here for directions.