FJT at Mission Inn Resort (13-15)
October 6-7, 2018
Florida Junior Tour (Boys & Girls 13-15)
- Mission Inn Resort and Club – El Campeon - Howey-in-the-Hills
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 13-15 – 6,605 yds., 73.0/139
- Girls 13-15 – 5,779 yds., 73.8/135
- Rounds 1 & 2 – 90 degrees, light breeze, sunshine
Girls 13-15 Division
On a golf course that demands precision from every part of your game, Wyndom Burnett was close to flawless. Burnett fired a 71 (-1) during Saturday's first round, stringing together 4 birdies. Two formidable opponents in Ainsley Mann (2nd) and Kaitlyn Schroeder (3rd) finished Saturday with 75 and 76 respectively. This led to a final pairing of three previous FJT champions on a golf course where a 4-stroke lead can diminish in one hole.
The final round had plenty of ups and downs for all players in the field, and the three at the top were not immune to that roller coaster. Schroeder worked her way back into contention through the first 9 holes as both Mann and Burnett faltered. Burnett still went into the final 9 holes with a 2-stroke lead over Schroeder and a 6-stroke lead over Mann. However, Mann came firing back and brought that deficit down to 2 strokes going into the final holes as Burnett and Schroeder were tied for the lead. Burnett was able to hold off Mann's birdie on the final hole with a nervy par, while Schroeder dropped a stroke to finish T2 (153) with Mann. This is 1-stroke win is Wyndom Burnett's third FJT victory and first of 2018.
Boys 13-15 Division
The boys did not have much easier of a time as they took on El Campeon, at least speaking for the majority of the field. Shawn Lalmoni and Leo Goosen came out blazing on Saturday as they both shot rounds of 69 (-3) to take a 4-stroke lead over two players. Both Joshua Stewart and Connor Holcroft stood at 1 over-par through Saturday awaiting for the opportunity to make their move during the final round.
Much like the girls, the boys struggled to find their stride on Sunday as the conditions hardened. El Campeon did not render a single round under-par on Sunday with the low round coming from Matthew Streitman (E). This put him into a three-way tie for third at 149 (+5) with Jack Turner, and first round co-leader Shawn Lalmoni. Joshua Stewart played steady through the majority of his round, giving himself as much of an opportunity as possible to catch Goosen. However, he would finish in second at 148 ( +4) behind Goosen who was on a level of his own. Leo Goosen finished up his final round of 73 (+1) with a birdie on hole 18 to put an exclamation point on the tournament. This impressive 6-stroke victory (-2) is Goosen's first FJT victory.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,605 yds., 73.0/139|
|Girls 13-15||5,779 yds., 73.8/135|
|Sunny and warm with light winds||88 °F|
|Sunny with consistent winds||90 °F|
13-15 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Tournament Rounds are being played on the El Campeon Course. Mission Inn has playsed host to the State High School Championships. With it's spectacular views and 85 feet of elevation changes, the El Campeon course is a true test of accuracy and poise. Built in 1917 by George O'Neil, this parkland design will prove to be a challenge with it's rolling fairways and undulating greens. The 7,000 yards of green grass can be very rewarding to the player that can keep the ball in the fairways. A sound strategy is need to successfully maneuver around this Central Florida track.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,600 yards (gross only)
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 6th
7:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, October 7th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (352) 324-3885 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
****Stars will be awarded retroactively. The numbers below are based on the event meeting the minimum requirements of 48 boys and 18 girls****
- Champion receives 2 stars
- Top five receive 1 star
- Champion receives 2 stars
- Top three receive 1 star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Rooms are available on-site at Mission Inn Resort for $150 + tax & a $16 resort fee per night.
Please call Mission Inn reservations at 1-800-874-9053 to book.
The deadline for reservations is Friday, September 14, 2018
Mission Inn Resort
10400 County Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Click for Map