Mid-Senior Four-Ball Championship (North)
September 7-8, 2019
Sugar Mill Country Club, located in New Smyrna Beach, hosted two days of four-ball competition for the mid-seniors. Jimmy Jones, of Tampa, and Mike Finster, of Saint Petersburg, were the definition of consistency with two rounds of 65 earning the team a wire-to-wire victory! Six birdies from Finster and a birdie on the par three 16th hole by Jones secured the early leady by two stokes after round one. Jones started the birdie train for the team in round two by posting birdies on the third and eighth holes. Finster, who is a past winner with Brian Armstrong in 2017, cared five birdies in round two to secure a first place victory at 130 (-14). The Palm Coast team of Jackson Sampselle and William Yorgey stared and finished round two tied for second, two strokes back, at 132 (-12). Teammates Daniel Debra, of Lutz, and Don Whittemore, of Temple Terrace, posted identical rounds as Sampselle/Yorgey, 67-65, to tie for second. Brent Dorman and Daniel Owen, both from Ocala, posted the tournament low round of 64 on the final day to tie for second.
The team of Stuart Smith, of Saint Johns, and Billy Lodise, of Saint Augustine, played seven strokes better in the final round to claim first place in the First Flight. Smith and Lodise won by four strokes with rounds of 72-65—137 (-7). The teams of Hixson/Pope, Jackson/Mackintosh, and Dean/Lacamera tied for second place in the first flight at 141 (-3).
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Mid-Senior Four-Ball||6,646 yds. 72.6/133|
|Light breeze||85 °F|
~ White / Red Courses ~
The Mid-Senior Four-Ball consists of two days of four-ball competition at Sugar Mill Country Club for players 40 and over. For a look at the Full Past Championship Results click here.
- $320 per team - GHIN Members or Foundation Member
- $340 per team - Non-GHIN Members
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field
- 36 holes of four-ball stroke play
What is a Four-Ball? - A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as a best ball.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers
- At least 40 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 7th
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Round One tee times off 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, September 8th
- 8:00 AM - Final Round shotgun
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,600-6,700 yards.
After 18 holes. The number of flights will be based on the number of teams and/or the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for your practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 386-426-5210 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
After an impressive two round total of 61-67--128 (-16), the team of Daniel Debra and Don Whittemore won by 3 shots at Ocala Golf Club. Click here to view the 2018 Results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Hampton Inn New Smyrna Beach
214 Flagler Avenue
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
$118 +tax per night
Click here to book online
Sugar Mill Country Club accepts Cash and Visa/MasterCard as forms of payment.
Sugar Mill Country Club
100 Clubhouse Circle
New Smyrna, FL 32168
Click here for directions.