Parent-Child Championship (9-holer)
July 20-21, 2019
Three Teams Raise Parent-Child Trophies at Disney's Oak Trail
ORLANDO, Fla. – Nearly 500 competitors made their way to Orlando this weekend for the annual Florida Parent-Child Championship. The 18-hole championship took place at four different courses, while the nine-hole parent-child tournament was played at the Oak Trail course at Walt Disney World Golf.
Using a stableford scoring method, the three divisions, 6-7, 8-9, & 10-12, competed in nine holes each day.
Three teams were crowned champions on Sunday: Griffin and Kevin Henry (10-12), Jack and Kevin Henry (8-9) and Axel Monssoh and Marie Arnoux (6-7).
Griffin and Kevin Henry captured the 10-12 Division with 60 total points. The duo used a bogey-free final round to secure the championship by one point. Mark and Sean Adamczyk finished in second place with 59 points, while Thomas and Addison Charlton took third place with 58 points.
Jack and Kevin Henry used an impressive 62 points to win the 8-9 Division. Securing the victory with two rounds of 31, the pair posted five birdies in the final round to finish nine stroke ahead of the field. Two teams finished the day in a tie for second place with 29 points: Jack and Andy Green and Colby and Seth Strickland. The duo of Green carded an eagle in the first round of the championship on par-5 fifth hole.
Axel Monssoh and Marie Arnoux were victorious in the 6-7 Division, finishing the championship with 57 points. The team was in first place after following the first round. Monssoh and Arnoux carded four birdies on Sunday to claim the victory by 11 points. Logan and John Breedloce finished in second place with 46 points and last year’s champions, Anne and Patrick Creavy, took home third place with 43 points.
|Hot & Humid||91 °F|
~ Oak Trail Course ~
A tradition in Florida for more than 20 years, the FSGA Parent-Child Championship includes men, women, boys and girls of all ages. Parents and Grandparents are eligible to play with their children and grandchildren, and there are multiple age divisions so that everyone can participate. For the youngest golfers, ages 6-12, teams play nine holes each day on Disney's Oak Trail Course. This age group uses a modified alternate-shot format with Stableford scoring for both nine hole rounds. Different ages also play a variety of tee lengths to make sure that everyone is playing from the correct distance. All rounds begin with morning shotgun starts to allow time for players and families to enjoy all of the Orlando attractions (such as Sea World, Universal, Magic Kingdom, Wet n' Wild, etc.) in the afternoon. Join the hundreds of families that have made the Parent-Child Championship an annual tradition. For a look at the 2018 Championship Results click here.
$140 (for GHIN or Foundation Members)
$160 (for non-GHIN Members)
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
- At least one entrant of each team must be a member of the FSGA
- Child must be age 6 or older as of July 21, 2019
- A child 6-12 years of age can move up to the Regular Division, but a child age13 or older may not move down.
- Professionals can play and are eligible for trophies or prizes
- Grandparents may also play with grandchildren
- Only two-person teams are permitted
- 18 holes (9 holes each day) of Modified Alternate Shot Gross Stableford scoring (no handicaps)
- 8:00 AM shotgun (6-7 and 8-9 Age Divisions) - both rounds
- 10:45 AM shotgun (10-12 Age Division) - both rounds
Modified Alternate Shot Format Instructions:
- Both players hit their tee shots
- Next, both players hit the second shot with their partner's ball
- After each ball has been played twice, the team chooses which ball it will use to complete the hole hitting alternate shots into the hole
- Scoring will be Gross Stableford within Age Divisions
- Double Bogey.........1 point
- Bogey........................2 points
- Par.............................3 points
- Birdie........................4 points
- Eagle........................5 points
- Double Eagle..........6 points
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 44 teams; 88 players total
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the the 8:00 or 10:30 shotgun field of 22 teams each is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry for their respective shotgun division, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Teams will be placed in Divisions according to the child's age as of the last day of the Championship - There will be no gender-based divisions
- Ages 6-7
- Ages 8-9
- Ages 10-12
All Women & boys 10-12
Boys 6-9 and all Girls 6-12
Practice rounds are offered at discounted rates of $25 for adults and $10 for juniors and are available after 10:00 AM Friday - Sunday. Before 10:00 AM, the regular rate applies. Players may book practice rounds up to 7 days in advance of tee time. Players may call 407-WDW-GOLF (939-4653) to reserve a tee time Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5 PM.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Child 10-12: Alexandra and Dave Ragan 29-31~60
Child 8-9: Andrew and Alexander Stewart 29-28~57
Child 6-7: Leigh Ann and Patrick Creavy 24-20~44
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Due to the number, personal preference, vacation clubs and popularity of hotels in the Orlando area, there is no host hotel for this event.
The course accept Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for method of payment.
Directions - Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
1950 Magnolia Palm Dr
Orlando, FL 32836
Click here for directions