Lake Wales CC (16-18)
April 26-27, 2014
Holt and Albrecht Win FJT Event at Lake Wales
The Florida Junior Tour 16 –18 Age Division traveled to Lake Wales Country Club this past weekend. The sun was shining, the weather was hot, and the competition was fierce.
Following round one, eight players were at even par (71) or better in the boys division, which made for a crowded leader board. Jalen Ledger’s first round of 68 gave him a one-stroke lead over Jake Holt, Henry Westmoreland, and Barry McDonnell who all shot a two-under 69.
Ledger, the round one leader, struggled in round two shooting a 79 and falling off the leader board. It was Jake Holt who persevered and shot back-to-back 69’s (138 total) to win his first FJT event of the season. Henry Westmoreland was in the hunt for most of the day, but some costly bogeys on the backside set him back. Westmoreland took home second place with a two-day total of 69-73-142. Kyler Tate finished in third place with 70-73-143.
FJT standout Emma Albrect shot a two-over 73 the first round, which gave her a one-stroke lead over Terese Romeo heading into the final round. Emma Albrecht continued with her consistent play in the final round birding three out of her first four holes (10,11 and 13). This gave her a commanding lead over Terese Romeo and fellow competitor Athena Yang who shot a first round score of 76. However, Albrecht hit a bump in the road starting on hole 15 where she made bogey and then again on hole 18 where she doubled. Terese and Emma were tied going into their final nine holes. Albrecht then bogeyed hole 1 and double bogeyed hole 2, but steadied herself with a birdie on 5 and pars the rest of the way in for a two-over par 73 and a two-stroke victory. This is Emma’s fourth Florida Junior Tour win. Terese Romeo and Athena Yang were tied for second with a tournament total of 148.
The 16-18 year old division will head to River Wilderness Golf & Country Club in Parrish, FL for their next event on May 10-11.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,800 yds., 72.6/133|
|Girls 16-18||5,912 yds., 73.0/125|
|Sunny & Warm||91 °F|
Entries Open: Wednesday, March 5th
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, March 19th
16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Lake Wales Country Club is a historic and true Donald Ross design that has hosted many FSGA Championships as well as countless USGA local qualifiers. Centrally located, it is an easy drive from just about anywhere in Florida. PGA Master Professional Bob Forward and his staff are some of the best in the state, you will feel right at home at Lake Wales.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players (typically 66 boys and 18 girls)
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 26th
10:30 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 27th
7:45 AM - 9:42 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 863-676-2422 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard and GolfWeek
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The Holiday Inn Express - Lake Wales is the host hotel. The rate for all players is $89. Click here to view.
Lake Wales Country Club
2925 Highway 60 East
Lake Wales, FL 33898
Click for Map