FJT at Stone Creek GC (13-15)
February 23-24, 2019
OCALA, Fla. – Battling tough conditions on Sunday, Kaitlyn Schroeder and Justin Sui captured Florida Junior Tour wins at Stone Creek Golf Club. This was the first Florida Junior Tour win for Sui and the second FJT win for Schroeder.
Boys 13-15 Division
Sui took home his first FJT win with a 3-under 141. He began the day three strokes behind the leaders, after carding a 1-over 73 in the first round. He posted a bogey-free front nine on Saturday, with one birdie.
The Lake Orion, Mich. native bogeyed the second hole, but went on to card a bogey-free rest of the front nine. He birdied the seventh, 10th and 11th holes to move to 1-under for the event.
Sui posted an eagle on the par-5 16th holes and a birdie on the 18th to secure the win. He finished the final round with a 4-under 68, the low-round of the tournament. Prior to this victory, his best finish came at Palm Aire Country Club, where he tied for fourth.
Joshua Stewart, Shawn Lalmoni and Stephen Hickham tied for second place at 2-under 142. Andrew Riley and Lucas Slayden finished tied for fifth at 1-over 145.
Girls 13-15 Division
Schroeder won the Girls’ Division with a 1-under 143. Heading into the final round, she was in first, after a first round 2-under 70, the only under-par round of the tournament. The Jacksonville, Fla. native carded a bogey-free front nine on Saturday with three birdies.
Starting on the 10th hole, Schroeder started the final round with a birdie on the second hole. She posted a final-round 1-over 73. This was Schroeder’s first FJT win since last February at Cimarrone Golf Club.
Alexsandra Lapple took home solo second place with a 2-over 146, while Jordan Fischer finished third place at 3-over 147.
Florida Junior Tour (Boys & Girls 13-15)
- Stone Creek Golf Club - Ocala, Fla.
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 13-15: 6,671 yds., 71.8/122
- Girls 13-15: 5,811 yds., 73.3/125
- Saturday: Sunny, 87 °F
- Sunday: Windy (20 mph), 83 °F
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,671 yds., 71.8/122|
|Girls 13-15||5,811 yds., 73.3/125|
|Unseasonably Warm||87 °F|
|20 MPH Winds||83 °F|
13-15 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Stone Creek GC is a fairly new golf course (opened in 2008) and is back on the FJT schedule. Stone Creek is made of Bermuda fairways and greens and has some unique golf course architecture. This course is sure to challenge which will provide for an exciting weekend.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 Age Division - 6,700 yards
- Girls 13-15 Age Division - 5,700 yards
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, February 23rd
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, February 24th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call 352-854-1272 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 1 performance stars
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top three finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by GolfWeek & Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
Click here to view he host hotel information.
9676 S W 62nd Loop
Ocala, FL 34481
Click for Map