FJT at CC of Winter Haven (Girls 16-18 & 13-15)
May 12-13, 2018
Florida Junior Tour (Girls 13-18)
- Country Club of Winter Haven
- Yardage and Rating: Girls’ 13-18 - 5,871 yds. 74.0/127
- Round One: Morning showers led to cloudy skies and light breeze Round Two: Mostly cloudy skies with a light breeze
WINTER HAVEN – Final round red numbers from Lauren Miller and Karoline Tuttle earned both girls victories. Miller, in the 16-18 division, prevailed after a one hole sudden-death playoff to be crowned Champion.
Girls' 16-18 Division
A packed leaderboard and two-way tie for the lead between Izzy Pellot and Nicole Cee resulted after round one. Pellott and Cee tied for the early lead at one under-par while five players sat tied for third heading into the final round. Lauren Miller, previous FJT winner from Niceville, overcame a three stroke deficit and sudden death playoff to claim first place. Miller picked up momentum in her final nine holes making four birdies for an impressive final round 69 and one under-par 143 finish. Auston Kim, of Saint Augustine, carded rounds of 73-70 to tie Miller for the lead. The duo entered a sudden death playoff where Miller sealed her victory on the first playoff hole, number 10, with a par! Auston Kim, previous FJT winner, finished second while 2017 Girls’ Junior Champion, Latanna Stone, rounded out the top three, one stroke behind, at 73-71—144.
Girls' 13-15 Division
Karoline Tuttle, who has finished second twice in FJT events this year, went wire-to-wire to earn her first win in 2018. Tuttle played consistent golf with rounds of 72-71—143 for a two stroke victory. The only under-par total in the 13-15 division was achieved by Tuttle! Juliana Camargo overcame a 76 in round one with a 69 second round to claim second place with a 145 (+1) total. Three final rounds in the red determined the top three finishers with Ellen Dong in third place after rounds of 75-71—146.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Girls (13-18)||5,871 yds. 74.0/127|
|Light breeze||76 °F|
Girls 13-15 & 16-18 Age Division (age calculated on the last day of the tournament)
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
The 18 Hole Rees Jones and Bill Bergin designed course is in perfect harmony with the terrain as it winds beneath stately oaks and pines, and subtle elevation changes make it reminiscent of South Carolina. Whatever the time of day, the wonders of nature surround you as you experience golf’s true “walk in the park”. Shimmering lakes, sweeping vistas, and the sounds of wildlife can be heard nearby.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Girls 13-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Girls 13-18 Age Division - 5,800 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 12th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, May 13th
7:30AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (863) 324-4579 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & AccommodationsThe FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
The Country Club of Winter Haven
4200 Country Club Road South
Winter Haven, FL 33881
Click for Map