FJT at Mark Bostick GC - 54-Hole Major (13-15)
January 19-21, 2019
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Battling the cold weather, Allan Kournikova and Mi Li came out on top at Mark Bostick Golf Course on Monday. This was the second Florida Junior Tour win and first FJT Major for both Kournikova and Li.
Boys 13-15 Division
Kournikova, of Palm Beach, Fla., captured the win with an 8-over 218. He began the day in a tie for third with Duncan Fischer and Jonathan Mourin, after finishing the second round at 11-over (151).
The 2023 graduate played a bogey-free front nine to begin the final round. He birdied the par-5 12th hole, before bogeying the par-4 14th hole. He birdied the next three holes to put himself at the top of the leaderboard with Cayden Pope.
Kournikova pared the final hole to secure his first FJT win since 2017 at Sugar Mill Country Club. He posted a 3-under 67 in Monday’s final round to secure the win, the low round of the weekend.
Pope, who was competing in his first FJT event, finished in second place. He recorded two birdies and an eagle. The Kentucky native carded a 2-under 68, one of only three under-par rounds of the weekend. He posted a 14-over 224 for the three-day event.
Scott Brantley took home third-place with 14-over 224.
Girls 13-15 Division
Li, of Orlando, Fla., won the Girls’ Division with a 19-over 229. Heading into the final round, Li was in a three-way tie for first with Kaitlyn Schroeder and Alia Scotka, at 16-over 156.
Starting on the 10th hole, Li jumped into first place with birdies on the 11th and 12th holes. She played the back nine at 1-under, while recording a 4-over on the front nine. She posted a final-round 3-over 229 to secure her first FJT 13-15 win.
Her last Florida State Golf Association win came at the Futures Championship in June, while her last FJT win came last April at Buckhorn Springs Golf and Country Club.
Schroeder, of Jacksonville, Fla., finished runner-up at 21-over 231. It was her third second-place finish in her last four FJT starts. Scotka finished third at 25-over 235.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys||6,334 yds. (70.6/127)|
|Girls||5,540 yds. (71.4/130)|
|Light Breeze||76 °F|
|Light Breeze||49 °F|
Boys & Girls 13-15 Age Division
$155 or $175 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Home of the Gators, Mark Bostick Golf Course is back on the Florida Junior Tour schedule. Located on the northwest corner of the University of Florida campus, Mark Bostick GC has had many of the worlds best golfers walk it's grounds. Champions like Mark Calcavecchia, Andy North, Gary Koch, Chris DiMarco, Billy Horschel, Brian Gay, Matt Every, and Camilo Villegas have all left their imprint on this golf course. Take the weekend to visit the campus and compete at the home course of the University of Florida.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 54-holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Boys & Girls 13-15 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 13-15 - 6,700 yards
- Girls 13-15 - 5,700 yards
How Entries are Accepted (Different than 36-hole events)
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- After the close of entries, all non-exempt players will be ranked by their standing on Junior Golf Scoreboard, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com. The better ranked players will be placed in the tournament field until the limit is reached.
- Players not making the field will be placed on the alternates list in order of their Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $155 (for GHIN handicap members) or $175 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 19th
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
10:30 AM - 12:27 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, January 20th
10:30 AM - 12:27 PM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Monday, January 21st
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 352-375-4866 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 1 performance star
- Winner receives 2 performance stars
- Top three receive 1 performance star
- Results are ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here. Spectators can rent a cart for $20+ tax.
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
Mark Bostick Golf Course at The University of Florida
2800 SW 2nd Ave.
Gainesville, FL 32607
Click for Map