FJT at Viera East GC (Girls 13-15 & 16-18)
April 22-23, 2017
Florida Junior Tour (13-15 & 16-18)
- Viera East Golf Club - April 22 - 23, 2017
- Yardages and Rating - 5,960 yds. 74.5/130
- Saturday - Temperatures in the upper 70s, but with winds gusting to 30 mph.
- Sunday - Overcast throughout the day, with moderate winds between 10-15 mph.
16-18 Age Division
Alexa Pano, from Lake Worth, was able to post two very consistent rounds in some very heavy winds to take home the victory in a playoff over Julia Towne. Alexa opened up the event with a round of 3 over-par, 75 which was enough to give her a two shot lead over the rest of the 16-18 age division. During Sunday's second round, Julia Towne of Eustis came out firing early on in the day. Julia's final round 3 under-par, 69 included 5 birdies and 2 bogeys and was enough to give her the clubhouse lead on Sunday afternoon. Alexa, played extremely steady again on Sunday carding a 1 over-par, 73 which put her and Julia in a tie atop the leaderboard. Julia and Alexa headed to the 18th hole for a playoff where both players had looks for birdie. Julia's birdie attempt slid just by the hole, but Alexa was able to roll in her putt for birdie to give her the win!
13-15 Age Division
Taylor Roberts, from Parkland, often sees her name near the top of the leaderboard, but until this weekend she had not been able to find herself a win! This season alone, Taylor has one second place finish and two third place finishes on the FJT. She has also never finished worse than 8th in her career. Heading into Sunday's final round, Taylor was in contention only four shots behind opening round leader Ainsley Mann. Taylor played solid all day long in a final round that included 16 pars and she did not make a bogey until her final hole of the day on Sunday. Her round of even par, 72 slid her to the top of the leaderboard and was just enough for her first career FJT win!
- Six girls improved by ten shots or more from their first round score to their second round score!
- Karoline Tuttle - Round 1 (86), Round 2 (76)
- Emily Staples - Round 1 (85), Round 2 (72)
- Madisyn Messmore - Round 1 (90), Round 2 (79)
- Olivia Whitten - Round 1 (88), Round 2 (77)
- Alyssa Lamoureux - Round 1 (80), Round 2 (70)
- Julia Towne - Round 1 (79), Round 2 (69)
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|All Girls||5,960 yds. 74.5/130|
|Winds Gusting to 30 MPH||78 °F|
|Moderate Winds||77 °F|
Girls 13-15 & 16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Viera East Golf Club was designed and built by one of the games most revered designers, Joe Lee. The 18-hole, par 72 Melbourne golf course plays 6,669 yards from the Champion tees with a course rating of 72.2 and a slope rating of 132. During the summer of 2016, Viera East Golf Club renovated their greens with TifEagle grass. This gracious club always looks forward to hosting the Florida Junior Tour.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Girls 13-15 & 16-18 age division (age calculate by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Girls 13-15 & 16-18 Age Division - 5,800 yards (gross only)
Note to Girls
The 16-18 and 13-15 divisions will play the same set of tees (approximately 5,800 yards for the girls). Results that are sent to Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings and for AJGA PBE will have the two divisions combined. The divisions will remain separate for FJT purposes (awards, points, exemptions, etc.).
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 22nd
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 AM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 23rd
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 321-639-6500 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top 3 receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Ranked by GolfWeek.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectators carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart. Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Viera East Golf Club
2300 Clubhouse Drive
Rockledge, FL 32955
Click for Map