103rd Amateur Championship
December 17-20, 2020
Entries Close: Wednesday, November 11th at 11:30 PM
The Florida State Amateur Championship is one of the oldest and most prestigious amateur golf championships in the country. The Amateur Championship has a rich history dating back to 1913 with A.C. Ulmer winning his first of four titles. Other past champions include: Carl Dann Jr. (5 time champion & Hall of Fame inductee), Don Bisplinghoff (4 time champion & Hall of Fame inductee), Bob Murphy (Hall of Fame inductee), Doug Sanders, Gary Koch (Hall of Fame inductee), Jerry Pate, Buddy Alexander (Hall of Fame inductee), and Blayne Barber.
Format: 72 holes of individual gross stroke play
Eligibility: Florida Resident
Handicap: Florida GHIN 7.0 or less
Entry Fees: Qualifying - $100 | Exempt - $220
Qualifying: 14 local qualifying sites
- 72 holes of individual gross stroke play
- Championship Field Size - 168 players
- All players play 18 holes on each the Quarry Course and the Ranch Course before the 36-hole cut
- The field is split between the two courses for round one and switch courses for round two
- The field is cut to the low 70 and ties after 36 holes
- The final 36 holes will be played on the Quarry Course
If necessary, there will be a hole-by-hole "sudden death" play-off for the Championship. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any playoff.
- Florida Resident
- Amateur golfer with valid Florida GHIN Handicap Index not exceeding 7.0
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee, range balls, and any course and cart fee for the qualifying round.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes tee gifts and gift certificates, range balls and any course and cart fees for competitive rounds.
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Wednesday, December 16th
- 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM - Player registration in the clubhouse
Thursday, December 17th
- 7:00 AM - 9:45 AM - Player registration in the clubhouse
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 on the Quarry Course
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 at Ranch Course
Friday, December 18th
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 on the Quarry Course
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 on the Ranch Course
- After the completion of play, the field will be cut to low 70 players and ties
Saturday, December 19th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round three tee times off of #1 and #10 on the Quarry Course
Sunday, December 20th
- 8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off of #1 and #10 on the The Quarry Course
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $145 either online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org or by check to the FSGA office for advance payment of Championship Fees. Payment must be received by Friday, December 11th by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
The golf courses will be set-up at approximately 6,900-7,400 yards.
18 holes of stroke play at 14 qualifying sites. During qualifying, each player must use a golf cart. Caddies are acceptable, but he/she may not ride in a golf cart or carry the player's clubs. Players are responsible for cart fees for all practice rounds.
Seventy-two holes was not enough for the second year in a row at the Amateur Championship. Four players finished tied at the conclusion of 72 holes at three under par. Ben Reichert, Jordan Batchelor, Colin Kresl & Rhett Pooley all tee'd off in sudden death, vying for the crown. Reichert would be the only one to successfully find the green in regulation on the 18th hole in sudden death. After the other three players made two bogeys and one double-bogey, Reichert was faced with just having to two-putt from 8 feet. His birdie try narrowly missed, but he was able to clean up for par and take home the 102nd Amateur. Click here for the previous year's results.
During qualifying and the Championship proper, each player must use a golf cart which is included in the Qualifying and Championship Entry Fees.
Qualifying Practice Rounds
Players must pay for practice round cart fees at qualifying sites and at the Championship.
Championship Practice Rounds and Practice Facility
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The cost of the practice round, including range balls and cart, is $35. Please call Black Diamond at 352-746-3446 to arrange a practice round time.
Practice Before & Between Rounds
A player may not practice on the competition course before or between rounds. Penalty for first breach: General Penalty. Penalty for second breach: Disqualification.
Ahead USA will be the official hat provider for the 103rd Florida State Golf Association Amateur Championship.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next twenty-five Amateur Championships
- Next three Amateur Match Play Championships
- Next two Florida Open Championships
Top five and tied finishers
- Current year's Amateur Match Play Championship
- Next year's Florida Open
Top fifteen and tied finishers
- Next year's Amateur Championship
Player's making the cut
- Next year's Boys' Junior Championship
Exemptions Earned After 2017
Beginning in 2018, the Winner will receive the exemptions above but will receive a 25-year exemption into the Amateur Championship rather than a lifetime exemption. This exemption to the Amateur will not be lost in the event a player turns professional and subsequently has his amateur status reinstated by the USGA. Winners of the 2017 Amateur and prior years are grandfathered in under the prior policy and receive a lifetime exemption, except that consistent with the prior exemption rules, they would lose their lifetime exemption if they turned professional. Winners prior to 2018 that do turn professional, will retain their exemption for 25 years, which may used if their amateur status is reinstated.
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Black Diamond Ranch accepts Cash, Visa / MasterCard / American Express as forms of payment.
Black Diamond Ranch
3125 West Black Diamond Circle
Lecanto, FL 34461
Click here for directions.