FJT at Cypress Creek GC (Boys 16-18)
April 14-15, 2018
Florida Junior Tour (16-18)
- Cypress Creek Golf Club
- Yardages and Rating
- Boys - 6,663 yds. 72.7/141
- Round One: Hot with light wind gusts
- Round Two: Overcast, with steady winds of 20 mph, gusts in the 30-35 mph range
RUSKIN - Maybe the most impressive 36-holes of golf on the Florida Junior Tour so far this season. Genki Sadato fires two under par rounds in extremely difficult conditions to earn his second win in as many starts.
Boys' 16-18 Division
It was a back and forth battle all weekend between Genki Sadato and Remi Chartier. After an opening round of 2-under par, Chartier would hold a one shot lead over Sadato heading in to Sunday's final round. The poor weather forecast made for a very challenging day. The winds were ripping through from sun up until the final putt and provided conditions that many juniors have never experienced. As for Genki Sadato, nothing would stop him this weekend. He did card two bogeys during the first nine holes of his final round, but he redeemed himself by making birdies on the following hole both times. Both Sadato & Chartier were tied up with nine holes to play. That's when Genki put the pedal to the floor. Birdies on 10, 14, & 18 along with an amazing short sided up and down to save par on 16 would give him a two shot victory. Remi Chartier gave a valiant effort, but understood that there was no beating Genki Sadato on this day.
Scoring & Results
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,663 yds., 72.7/141|
|Hot w/ Gusting Winds||87 °F|
|30 MPH Winds||82 °F|
Boys 16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
The Cypress Creek Golf Club hosts again in 2018. This newly renovated golf course is 30 minutes from downtown Tampa and should prove a challenge for all players. The golf course sits in a 604-acre cypress preserve which provides a unique and calm golfing experience.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 7,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 14th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 15th
7:30 AM - 9:27 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call 813-634-8888 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
1011 Cypress Village Blvd.
Ruskin, FL 33573
Click for Map