Schalamar Creek CC (13-15)
November 10-11, 2012
Strafaci Wins; Stone Needs Extra Holes
Tyler Strafaci and Latanna Stone prevailed at the Florida Junior Tour’s (FJT) 13-15 event at Schalamar Creek Country Club, in Lakeland, on November 10-11.
Tyler Strafaci, of Davie, overcame a three stroke deficit to win by one. Strafaci fired back-to-back rounds of two-under par 70 for a tournament total of 140. Strafaci’s final round included four birdies, including a clutch one on number 16 to seal the victory. Martin Jaramillo, of Bradenton, and Carl Yuan, of Lake Mary finished tied for second place posting three-under par for the tournament. Yuan put a late charge together on Sunday posting a four-under par 32 on the back nine.
Latanna Stone, of Valrico, needed extra holes to claim her fourth title of 2012 in the Girl’s 13-15 Division. Stone posted rounds of 72-77 to find herself tied with Athena Yang, of Winter Haven with a tournament total of 149. Yang trailed by seven shots entering the final round of play. Yang used four birdies en route to the low round of the tournament in the Girls division posting a two-under par 70. The pair would head for a sudden death playoff where Stone would prevail on the second hole by making a clutch par. Morgan Baxendale, of Windermere, finished in third place with a tournament total of 152.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 13-15||6,129 yards|
|Girls 13-15||5,604 yards|
|Light Breeze||72 °F|
Entries Open - Wednesday, September 19th at 8:30 AM
Entries Close - Wednesday, October 3rd at 4:30 PM
Come out and enjoy Central Florida's natural beauty. Schalamar Creek is located along side the 750-acre Saddle Creek Park, a protected bird sanctuary. During a round, players may see spotted herons, ibis, egrets, limpkins, moorhen, gallinules, coots, loons, anhinga's, cormorants, belted kingfishers, osprey, kits, hawks and eagles, as well as a vast array of songbirds, vireoes, thrushes, flycatchers and other migrants.
Click here to visit the club's website.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the players' parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be submitted with the entry.
Schedule of Play
- Saturday, November 10th: 10:30 AM - 12:27 PM off the 1st and 10th tees
- Sunday, November 11th: 7:30 AM - 9:27 AM off the 1st and 10th tees
Players can set-up a practice round at a special discounted rate of $25 plus tax which includes a cart by calling 863-666-1623. Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament and after 12:00 PM the weekend before. Times are available on a space available basis.
During practice rounds, players are not allowed to play multiple shots off tees or into greens. The playing of multiple shots or slow play may result in the player's removal from the course without a refund.
Walking and Pull/Push Carts
Players must walk and carry their clubs during the competition rounds (pull/push carts are permitted). Caddies are not permitted.
Tees To Play
Tees are not selected until the tournament staff arrives on site. Tournament set-up may change, including yardages, to offset inclement weather or other course conditions (i.e. wet course conditions). Typical yardages are below:
- Boys 13-15 will play approximately 6,700 yards
- Girls 13-15 will play approximately 5,800 yards
This event is ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
AJGA - PBE (Performance Based Entrance)
- Champion - 1 Junior All-Star Exemption
- Champion - 1 Junior All-Star Exemption
Spectators will be authorized to rent carts, but must follow the Spectator policies. Spectator carts will cost $20 a day, plus tax. Spectator carts may be limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Male or female amateur golfers that are members of the FJT may apply for entry. Entries are subject to rejection at any time, including during the event. The reason for rejection may include unbecoming behavior. Please see the Code of Conduct for further details.
- Tournament applications must be submitted through the website with valid payment. Telephone and fax requests will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have a current FSGA/FJT membership.
- Entries must be received by 4:30:00 PM EST of the closing date.
- Players should read the Tournament Policies and Pace of Play policy.
- Players will receive an e-mail that their entry has been received and a second e-mail will be sent if the player is accepted into the field. As a player is not automatically confirmed into the tournament, travel arrangements should not be made until the second confirmation e-mail is received. Review Tournament Policies for further details.
Field Determination Summary
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated, random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
Click here for further details.
Registration will be available prior to the first round. ALL players are expected to register. General tournament information will be distributed at registration.
Tee Times & Pairings
First round tee times and pairings will be available on the website. After the completion of the first round, all competitors will be repaired by score, within their age group, for their next round. Final round pairings will be available approximately one-hour after the final score has been posted. Pairings will be available on the website, at the club, and will be sent via text message. It is the player's responsibility to be at his/her respective starting tee at least 10 minutes prior to teeing off. We recommend that you always see your tee time in black and white (in print), and if you still have questions, please contact an FSGA Official at the host facility.
Range Finders - Electronic distance measuring devices are NOT allowed.
Music - Phones and other devices that play music should not be used at the tournament site. Listening to music during a competitive round will generally result in disqualification under the Rules of Golf. This is true for all types of competitions - not just FJT.
Pace of Play
The FJT uses a checkpoint pace of play policy that provides no verbal warnings throughout the round. Each group is responsible for playing under the allotted time or finishing each checkpoint hole within 15 minutes of the group ahead of them.
Pace of play will be strictly enforced with anticipated rounds to be less than 4 hours and 45 minutes. We strongly recommend that all players and parents read and understand the Pace of Play Policy.