29th Amateur Match Play Championship
July 29 - August 1, 2021
Entries Close: Wednesday, June 30th at 11:30 PM
~ NEW FORMAT AS OF 2021~
The Club at Mediterra - South Course
All 64 Players Qualifying for the Championship are guaranteed three matches
Follows PGA Tour's WGC Match Play Championship Format
The Amateur Match Play Championship is an exciting event that utilizes golf's original match play format. There are six qualifiers slated throughout the state to provide over 350 players the opportunity to qualify for this prestigious Championship. New for 2020, all players advancing to the Championship proper will play three matches in group play on Thursday & Friday. The 16 group winners advance to the Round of 16 on Saturday, with single elimination match play until the Champion is crowned!
Format: Three rounds of group round-robin match play; followed by single elimination bracket match play
Eligibility: FSGA member
Handicap: Florida GHIN 7.0 or less
Entry Fees: Qualifying - $70 | Exempt - $185
- Championship field size - 64 players
- Full seeding information - click here
- 16 groups of 4 players
- Three eighteen hole round-robin matches in group play
- Players winning a match will receive 1 point in the standings
- If the match ends in a tie, each player will receive a half point in the standings
- The player with the most points in each group will advance to the 16 player bracket
- In the event of tie after three matches, the tied players will have a sudden death stroke play play-off
- Once the 16 group winners advance - eighteen hole individual gross match play in single elimination brackets
- In the event of a tied match, the stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won
- Male amateur golfer with Florida GHIN of 7.0 or less
- Entrant is required to be an FSGA member
|Qualifying Fee||Championship Fee|| Exempt Fee
- Qualifying Fee: Qualifying Fee includes entry fee and cart fee.
- Championship Fee: Fee paid by those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying. Includes at least three competitive rounds of golf, with course and cart fees, range balls, tee gifts and lunch between rounds 1 and 2 on Thursday
- Exempt Fee: Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption.
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the qualifying field.
Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $155 online at the FSGA website at www.fsga.org. Payment must be received by Thursday, July 22nd by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship. Championship Fee includes cart fees for all competitive rounds.
- Log on to the FSGA website at www.fsga.org using your email address and password
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the homepage
- Under "My Tournaments", click on the "Pre-Register" button to the right of the tournament name
- Enter your credit card information and then click the "Charge My Card" button on the bottom right hand corner of the page
Refunds, Notice of Withdrawals
Qualifying Entry Fees - Requests for qualifying entry refunds received prior to entry closing date will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). Requests received after the closing date will be honored (less 50% of entry fee). No requests will be honored within two days of the scheduled start date of the qualifier.
Championship Fees & Exempt Entry Fees - Requests for refunds of Exempt or Championship fees prior to the pre-registration deadline will be honored (less $20 per entry administrative fee). No requests will be honored after the pre-registration deadline (See pre-registration date displayed on this page).
- The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,900-7,200 yards.
Fine for Withdrawing
Due to the nature of this match play event, and to ensure that all players have a match to compete in and in fairness to the field in group play, a player who withdraws during the group play rounds will be assessed a $100 fine. It is unfair to your fellow players who spend their own time and money to travel to the Championship, and are subsequently left to sit in their hotel room because another player has chosen to withdraw out of frustration or first round loss. When entering the Championship, please take this into consideration. If you believe you cannot fulfill the tournament schedule, please leave the spot open for another player.
Thursday, July 29th
- 7:45 AM - 9:15 AM - Group play matches round 1 off #1 and #10 tees
- Complimentary Boxed Lunch between rounds 1 & 2
- 12:00 PM - 1:48 PM - Group play matches round 2 off #1
Friday, July 30th
- 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Group play matches round 3 off #1 & #10 tees
- 1:00 PM - Sudden death play-off for group winners if necessary
Saturday, July 31st
- 8:00 AM - 8:56 - Match play round of 16 off tee #1
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Match play quarterfinals off #1 tee
Sunday, August 1st
- 8:00 AM - 8:15 AM - Match play semifinals off #1 tee
- 12:00 PM - Match play final off #1 tee
- 18 holes stroke play at 6 qualifying sites.
- During qualifying, each player must use a golf cart.
- Players are responsible for cart fees for all practices rounds.
The Match Play Championship was not played in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Past two-time Florida Junior Tour - Tour Championship Winner, Andrew Kozan, a sophomore at Auburn University, captured his first FSGA Championship at the 28th Amateur Match Play in 2019. Kozan started by earning co-medalist honors in stroke play, and ran through his bracket, eventually defeating Adam Hofmann in the semifinals, and Jordan Batchelor in the finals. Click here for the 2019 results.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds of the Championship. Players are responsible for practice round cart fees.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax. Please call 239-254-3030 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry and eligibility requirements:
NOTE: Blank entries will be filed by the FSGA for players who become exempt after the close of entries.
- Last three year's Amateur Match Play Champions
- Last year's Amateur Match Play Semifinalists
- Last year's Amateur Player of the Year
- Last three year's Amateur Champions
- Current year's top five and tied Amateur Championship finishers
- Current and last two year's Mid-Amateur Champions
- Current year's Mid-Amateur Championship Semifinalists
- Last year's Mid-Amateur Stroke Play Champion
- Last year's Junior Amateur Player of the Year
- Last year's Junior Amateur Match Play Champion (16-18 Age Division)
- Last year's Mid-Senior Champion
- Current year's Amateur Public Links Champion
- Last year's Florida Open Low Amateur
- Current and last year's Boys' Junior Champions (16-18 Age Division)
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next three Amateur Match Play Championships
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Next year's Florida Open
- Next year's Amateur Match Play Championship
- Next year's Amateur Championship
- Next year's Mid-Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
The Club at Mediterra will accept Visa, MasterCard, and Amex as forms of payment.
The Club at Mediterra - South Course
15755 Corso Mediterra Circle
Naples, FL 34110