July 25-26, 2020
Five Teams Raise Trophies at Parent-Child 18-Hole Championship
ORLANDO, Fla. – Over 400 competitors made their way to Orlando this weekend for the annual Parent-Child Championship. The 18-hole championship took place at Celebration Golf Club, ChampionsGate Golf Resort and Reunion Resort, while the 9-hole championship was played at the Walt Disney World Golf.
Four teams were crowned champions on Sunday: Leonard and Len Schonfeld (32 and Over), Kenny and Colton Godwin (22-31), Joe and Cade Alfieri (16-21) and Ryan and Tim Miller (15 and Younger).
32 and Over Division
Leonard and Len Schonfeld raised the trophy in the 32 and Over Division for the second-straight year with an 8-under 136 . The duo posted a 6-under 66 in the first round, with five birdies and an eagle. They secured the five-shot victory with a 2-under 70, one of only two teams to shot two rounds under par. Gary and Andrew Saft took home second place with a 3-under 141, while John and Gary Pettit finished third at even-par 144.
Kenny and Colton Godwin came out on top in the 22-31 Division with a 8-under 136. The pair posted a 3-under 69 in the first round, to sit in a tie for second. They secured the championship with a bogey-free 67 in the final round, with five birdies, to take home the one-shot win. Jeff and Nick Neugebauer finished third at 7-under 137. The teams of Giles and Brandon Meyer and Chad and Chase Ibbotson finished in a tie for third at 6-under 138.
Joe and Cade Alfieri were crowned champions at the Parent-Child, winning the 16-21 Division with an 16-under 128. The team finished the weekend bogey-free to capture the five-shot victory. They carded a birdie and an eagle on the front nine and finished the day with birdies on three of the final four holes. Two teams finished in a tie for second place at 11-under 133: Michael and James Bradley and Brent and Camden Smith. Justin and Steven Ross finished in third place with 7-under 137 for the championship.
15 and Younger Division
Ryan and Tim Miller used a 8-under 134 to capture the 15 and Younger Division. The pair began the round with a bogey-free front nine, carding five birdies. The Miller team birdied the final two holes of the championship to shot a final-round 67 to take the four-shot win. Palmer and Joe Haynes finished second at 4-under 140, while last year's champion, Carson and Clayton Brewer finished third at 1-under 143
|Light Breeze||92 °F|
A tradition in Florida, and on it's 31st year, the FSGA Parent-Child Championship includes men, women, boys and girls of all ages. Parents and Grandparents are eligible to play with their children and grandchildren in one of the multiple age divisions, which allows everyone to participate. Teams with children older than 12, play eighteen holes each day. All ages use a Modified Alternate Shot format that promotes a great team atmosphere.
Format: 36 holes of gross Modified Alternate Shot
Eligibility: Parent/Child Teams (defined below); At least one player must by an FSGA member
Entry Fee: $280
- 36 holes of gross Modified Alternate Shot
- Maximum Field Size - 208 teams (416 players) - (adjusted to lower field sizes due to the pandemic)
- Teams will be placed into Age Divisions as of the child's age on the last day of the Championship
- Each age division Champion will be the team with the lowest 36-hole total score
- Age Divisions will be flighted for gift certificates for round two by round one scores
Modified Alternate Shot
- Both players hit their tee shots
- Next, both players hit the second shot with their partner's ball
- After each ball has been played twice, the team chooses which ball it will use to complete the hole hitting alternate shots into the hole
- Any grandparent, parent, child or grandchild of which at least one must be a member of the FSGA
- There is no maximum age limit for grandparent, parent or child
- A child under the age of 13 can move up to play in the Regular
Division (at the Committees discretion), but a child age 13 or older may
not play in the 9-hole Division
- Professionals can play, but are not eligible for trophies or prizes
- Grandparents may also play with grandchildren
- Only two-person teams are permitted
- $280 per team
- Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrants gain acceptance to the field.
- 8:00 AM shotgun start BOTH DAYS. Large shotguns are not allowed during these times. Tee times will be implemented at three of host clubs and a modified shotgun/tee times will be used at one course.
ChampionsGate Golf Club's International & National Courses will both continue to be in the 2020 rotation. The newly renovated International Course, is a beautifully styled coastal links course, which was remodeled to feel more like it's original design. The National Course is set up for players of all skill levels, as it offers scenic views, clever doglegs, and well maintained greens year round. Both courses being designed by Greg Norman, will provide golfers with a fun and great experience at the course.
Celebration Golf Club is a favorite location for this event and will continue to be one of the courses for 2020 Parent Child. Masters of golf course architecture Robert Trent Jones, Sr and Jr. combined their talents to create a course unlike any other in the region. It's lush, almost like a natural park with undulating swells and topography, a course reflective of the very best of every course they have created around the world.
Reunion Resort's Nicklaus Course will join in the course rotation for 2020 replacing the Watson Course. The Nicklaus course is highlighted by fast, firm and wide rolling fairways, a variety of strategically placed bunkers and large greens.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after their respective age division is full (52 teams each) or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Age Divisions & 2020 Daily Course Rotation
Each Age Division will play two 18-hole golf courses over two days. Age Divisions will change course rotation annually so that everyone will have a chance to play all courses over the years.
Age Divisions are based on child's age as of the last day of the Championship.
- Child 15 & Younger - ChampionsGate (International to National)
- Child 16-21 - Celebration GC to Reunion (Nicklaus)
- Child 22-31 - Reunion (Nicklaus) to Celebration GC
- Child 32 & Older - ChampionsGate (National to International)
(The FSGA reserves the right to adjust the Age Divisions and field sizes in order to equally distribute the number of teams on each golf course)
Based on competitors age as of the last day of the Championship
6,500 - 6,700
Boys 15-16 & Men 50-64
6,100 - 6,300
Boys 14 & Younger and Men 65 & Over
5,400 - 5,500
5,400 - 5,500
Girls 14 & Younger and Women 50 & Over
4,800 - 5,000
ChampionsGate Golf Club's International & National Courses - available at the discounted rate of $40 plus tax per player one week prior to the event and after 10:00 AM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Call 407-787-4653 to reserve a tee time.
Reunion Resort's Nicklaus Course - available at the discounted rate of $40 plus tax per player one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Please call 407-396-3196 to reserve a tee time.
Celebration Golf Club - available at the discounted rate $35 plus tax per player one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. Please call 407-566-4653 to reserve a tee time.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Spectator carts may be rented on the day of the competition, based on availability on a first-come first-served basis, at all courses for $25 plus tax per day per cart.
Child 35 & Over: Leonard Schonfeld II / Len Schonfeld III (67-69--136)
Child 24-34: Trey Lundquist / Bobby Lundquist (64-73--137)
Child 17-24: Chase Ibbotson / Chad Ibbotson (67-69--136)
Child 16 & Younger: Carson Brewer / Clayton Brewer (66-68--134)
Click here for previous year's results
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There is no host hotel.
The courses accept Cash, Visa/MasterCard and American Express for methods of payment.
ChampionsGate Golf Club
8575 White Shark Blvd,
Davenport, FL 33896
Click here for directions
Reunion Resort Nicklaus Course
7593 Gathering Drive
Kissimiee, FL 34747
Click here for directions
Celebration Golf Club
701 Golf Park Drive
Celebration, FL 34747
Click here for directions