FJT Fairwinds Open (9-12)
October 17-18, 2020
Three First-Time Winners at Fairwinds
FORT PIERCE, Fla. – Hampton Beebe, Axel Monssoh and Sofia Cherif Essakali picked up Florida Junior Tour wins on Sunday at Fairwinds Golf Course. Beebe earned the in the Boys 11-12 Division, and Monssoh was victorious in the Boys 9-10 Division. In the Girls 11-12 Divisoin, Essakali came out on top.
This is the first FJT victory for all three players.
Beebe used a 4-under 140 to capture his first FJT win on Sunday. The West Palm Beach native began the tournament with a 1-under 71 to finish the first round one shot back of the leader, Jessy Huebner.
He got off to a quick start in the final round with a birdie on the first, but ran into some trouble with back-to-back bogeys. Beebe quickly rebounded with birdies on two of his next three holes, making the turn at 1 under for the day.
Beebe continued his strong play on the back side, carding two birdies and an eagle on the par-5 13th holes. He posted a final-round 69, the low round of the tournament, to secure the three-shot victory.
Huebner and Dylan Kotes took home a tied-for-second finish at 1-under 143. Beebe, Huebner and Kotes were the only three players to finish under par. Lion Ziao Lui finished fourth at 1-over 145.
Monssoh earned his first FJT victory in wire-to-wire fashion, finishing the weekend at 4-over 148. The Miami native started the weekend with a 3-over 75 to take a two-shot lead over the field.
Beginning the final round on the 10th hole, Monssoh birdied two of his first three holes. He finished the front side at 1 under for the day. After a 1-over back nine, Monssoh posted a final-round 73 to pick up the one-shot victory.
Cooper Foegen took the runner-up finish at 5-over 149. His final-round 72 was the only even par or better round in his division. Bento Assis finished third at 8-over 152.
Essakali captured her first FJT victory in her first FJT appearance, finishing the tournament at 1-over 145. She carded a first-round 76 to finish Saturday two shots back of the lead.
The Miami native began the final round with a 1-over front nine. Essakali caught fire on her back nine, birdieing two of the first three holes on the back side. She added two more birdies to finish the day at 3-under 69, the low round of the tournament in the Girls Division, to secure the six-shot win.
Amelie Phung finished second at 7-over 151, while Angela Nip finished three shots back at 10-over 154.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 11-12||5542 yds., 65.6/110|
|Boys 9-10||5063 yds., 63.0/105|
|Girls 11-12||5063 yds., 68.4/117|
|Partly Cloudy & Windy||84 °F|
Format: 36 holes individual gross stroke play
Eligibility: Boys and Girls 9-12 (age calculated from the last day of the event), FJT Membership & Florida GHIN required
Entry Fee: $75
Field Determination: First-come-first-serve basis, 84 player field
Practice Round Information: $30 +tax
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - 5,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - 4,200 yards (gross only)
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - 5,500 yards (gross only)
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - 5,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
- At the close of entries, if the 9-10 division (boys or girls) has 3 or less entrants, those players must choose one of the following options: 1) Play up into the 11-12 division OR 2) Withdraw from the event and receive a full refund.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, October 17th
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Mandatory Meeting - 30 to 45 minutes prior to tee time, 15 minutes long (more information below)
Sunday, October 18th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
How to Enter
Entries are submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must create an FSGA account on this website (free to set-up), purchase a current Junior Membership ($40), and have an active Florida GHIN Handicap (included in membership if golfer does not already have one). To proceed, click the "Enter" button above once entries have opened.
Late Entry Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries submitted after the close of entries date. The entry fee and late fee will only be applied if the player gets accepted in to the tournament field.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (772) 462-1955 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
|Boys 11-12||Girls 11-12|
|Champion- 1 star||Champion- 1 star|
Florida Junior Tour Policies
There is no host hotel.
Fairwinds Golf Course
4400 Fairwinds Dr
Fort Pierce, FL 34946
Click here for directions.