May 5-6, 2018
Always one of the most enjoyable events of the FSGA schedule, the Two-Man Shoot-Out also provided plenty of excitement! Held at PGA National Resort & Spa, team members competed in modified alternate shot on the Palmer course in the first round, four-ball in the second round on the Champion course and finally head back to the Palmer course for a scramble.
Consistently the format that gives teams the most trouble, the modified alternate portion yielded only a few under par scores. Brian Keenan and Ken Kinkopf led the way with an impressive 66. The two carded six birdies and no bogeys, and held a six stroke lead over the team of Ron Davis and Kasey Denesevich. Sitting one stroke behind them were Matthew Marino and Donald Wolfe, as well as the father son duo of Bret and Bryce Voisin.
The four-ball portion was competed on the Champion course. Hailed as one of the toughest stops for the PGA Tour, the Champion course would provide an excellent challenge for the teams. The teams of Davis and Denesevich, and Ben Adelberg and TJ Shuart turned heads after turning in rounds of 63. Playing in a steady 15-20 mile per hour wind, Davis and Denesvich carded an alarming ten birdies, including six in a row on holes 3 through 8 while Adelberg and Shuart fashioned two eagles to glide towards 9-under for the round.
A Sunday finish with a scramble was sure to provide fireworks. Going into the day, Davis and Denesevich held a three stroke lead on Adelberg and Shuart, however, as we have seen in the past, teams can come charging from behind in the scramble. Trying to do just that, Bob Campione and current FSGA president, Steve Carter closed with a 62 (-10) to apply the pressure to Davis and Denesevich. Making matters more interesting was the strong rain that teams played the last one or two holes in. Davis and Denesevich finished with a 66 to secure the victory by one stroke at 17 under par.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Alternate Shot - Palmer||6,748 yds. 73.4/137|
|Four-Ball - Champion||6,770 yds. 73.6/145|
|Scramble - Palmer||6,783 yds. 73.6/137|
|Scattered Showers in the morning, 15-20 mph winds in afternoon||83 °F|
Palmer - Champion - Palmer Course Rotation
The Two-Man Shoot-Out is one of the FSGA's most casual and enjoyable Championships! It is also a unique Championship combining modified alternate shot, two-man scramble and four-ball formats. Each round is considered a separate competition with prizes being awarded for each, as well as an overall winner for the Championship. This championship is certain to fill up quickly so sign up early. For a look at the 2017 Two-Man Shootout results click here.
- 54 Holes of stroke play
- Two-man team, gross stroke play (no handicaps)
- Each round is a different form of play (Modified Alternate Shot / Scramble / Four-Ball)
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 52 teams - 104 players
- Male amateur golfers
- One entrant must be at least 16 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- $380 per team GHIN or Foundation Members
- $400 per team Non-GHIN Member
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,700-6,900 yards.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 5th
- Morning Round - 8:00 AM shotgun on Palmer Course - Modified Alternate Shot (18 holes) where each player hits a tee shot, then the team selects a ball to be played into the hole and alternates playing that ball into the hole
- Lunch - Included
- Afternoon Round - 1:30 PM shotgun on Champion Course - Four-Ball (two man best ball -18 holes)
Sunday, May 6th
- Final Round - 8:00 AM shotgun on Palmer Course - Two-Man Scramble (18 holes)
- Play-Off - For overall team Champion only. The format for the play-off is a three hole aggregate with each form of play used for one hole. If necessary play will continue on a hole by hole basis rotating the form of play. It is the team's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
Rounds & Prizes
Each round of the Shoot-Out is treated as a separate competition and gift certificates are awarded for each round. There is an overall prize for the team Champion, but the emphasis and the majority of gift certificates are paid out on the basis of each individual round.
After 36 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35 plus tax. Please call 561-627-1800 to schedule your practice round.
The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
Shane Reynolds and Luke Farmer captured the 2017 Two-Man Shoot-Out at Fiddlesticks Country Club. They posted scores of 69, 63, and 68 to win by one stroke. Full results and history
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in 4000 RCA Boulevard Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
4000 RCA Boulevard
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
$109 per room, per night, plus tax. Click here to book online. Must book by 4/13 to take advantage of room block pricing.
Credit cards are accepted in the golf shop.
Directions to PGA National Resort
PGA National Resort & Spa
400 Avenue of the Champions
West Palm Beach, FL 33418