FJT at Capital City CC - 54-Hole Major (16-18)
January 19-21, 2019
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Justin Ortiguera and Caroline Patterson each captured their first career FSGA wins on Monday in the first Florida Junior Tour Major of the 2019 season.
Boys 16-18 Division
Ortiguera, of Ponte Vedra Beach, captured a win on Monday, finishing with a three-day total of six over-par 222. Ortiguera had a first round 73 on Saturday which left him trailing Parker Bell, of Tallahassee, by two. Bell posted the low round of day one with a 71 (-1). In round two, Ortiguera fired the low round of the day posting another 73, giving him a two-stroke lead heading into the final round. With a final round 76, which included three birdies on the final nine, Ortiguera held off the field and captured his first FSGA win at the FJT Major.
Andrew Clark, of Winter Park, made a final round push on Monday with the low score of the tournament, a five under-par 67, a round which included seven birdies to help him finish runner-up, two strokes back.
Girls 16-18 Division
Caroline Patterson, of Jupiter, secured a wire-to-wire win with three days of consistent golf and a total of 17 over-par 233. Patterson had a great start to the tournament opening with a 76 in round one, a round which included two birdies. She then followed with a 78 on day two, giving her a three shot lead over Tiara Carter, of Lake City, heading into Monday's final round. Patterson fired a final round 79, securing her a four-stroke win at the FJT Major. This was Patterson's first FSGA victory!
Taylor Zeng, of Orlando, had the low score of the tournament with a final round 74, helping her finish tied for second with Lacey Tucker, of Jacksonville, who shot a final round 76.
Florida Junior Tour (Boys 16-18 & Girls 16-18)
- Capital City CC -- Tallahassee, Fla.
- Yardage & Rating
- Boys 16-18: 6,508 yds. 71.2/131
- Girls 16-18: 5,858 yds. 73.7/129
- Round 1: 64 degrees, rainy, windy
- Round 2: 43 degrees, wind gusts up to 30 MPH
- Round 3: 55 degrees, sunny, calm
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys (16-18)||6,508 yds 71.2/131|
|Girls (16-18)||5,858 yds 73.7/129|
|Rain & Wind||64 °F|
|Gusts up to 30 MPH||43 °F|
|Calm & Sunny||55 °F|
Boys & Girls 16-18 Age Division
$155 or $175 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Capital City Country Club is located in Tallahassee, minutes away from Florida State University. The rolling fairways and large oaks will provide a picturesque landscape while Florida's best junior golfers compete in another FJT event.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 54-holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- Boys & Girls 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 - 6,900 yards
- Girls 16-18 - 5,900 yards
How Entries are Accepted (Different than 36-hole events)
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- After the close of entries, all non-exempt players will be ranked by their standing on Junior Golf Scoreboard, www.juniorgolfscoreboard.com. The better ranked players will be placed in the tournament field until the limit is reached.
- Players not making the field will be placed on the alternates list in order of their Junior Golf Scoreboard ranking.
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $155 (for GHIN handicap members) or $175 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, January 19th
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, January 20th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Round two tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Monday, January 21st
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees.
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $25.00 + tax. Please call 850-222-0419 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten finishers receive 1 performance stars
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard, Golfweek, and WAGR.
- Walking - Players must walk during tournament rounds.
- Spectator and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here. Spectator cart can be rented for $25+ tax
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
Capital City Country Club
1601 Golf Terrace Drive.
Tallahassee, FL 32310
Click for Map