Forty & Over Four-Ball Championship
August 1-2, 2020
The Forty & Over Four-Ball (formerly the Mid-Senior Four-Ball) is the perfect opportunity for a golfing getaway. Each team consists of two players at least 40 years of age. Pair-up with a friend to take on some of the best players in the state in an always competitive four-ball event.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Forty & Over||6,689 yds., 73.0/139|
|Hot and humid||94 °F|
|Breezy with passing showers||84 °F|
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA Adult member; at least 40 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (commonly known as two-person best-ball)
- El Campeon Course
- Maximum Field Size - 48 teams (96 players)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is a Four-Ball? A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as best ball.
- Male amateur golfers at least 40 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be members of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 15.0 or less at time of entry
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, August 1st
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Round one tee times off of #1 and #10 - El Campeon
Sunday, August 2nd
- 7:30 - 9:30 AM - Final round tee times off of #1 and #10 - El Campeon
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,600 - 6,700 yards.
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship on a space available basis and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax per player. Please call 352-324-3885 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Teammates Jimmy Jones and Mike Finster were crowned North Champions at Sugar Mill CC after rounds of 65-65--130 (-14); Jeff Fleeman and Kelly Sellers took home the South Championship at Trump National Doral with rounds of 68-64--132 (-12). Click here to view the results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. However, a player must not use a parent, step-parent or guardian as a caddie. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Click here for host hotel information.
Mission Inn Resort & Club will accept payments of Cash, Visa, and MasterCard
Mission Inn Resort & Club
10400 County Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Click here for directions.