FJT at Black Bear GC (Boys 16-18)
March 11-12, 2017
Pictured from left to right: Dhruv Patel, Fred Biondi, Anthony Muttillo, Patrick (Chu-Ming) Wu, Jacob Penny
Florida Junior Tour (Boys 16-18)
- Black Bear GC - March 11-12, 2017
- Boys' yardage and rating - 6,942 yds. 73.8/138
- Saturday - Strong winds throughout the day, but 80 degrees and beautiful otherwise
- Sunday - Overcast all day long with temperatures reaching the upper 70s
Four-time FJT Champion, Jacob Penny, led all competitors with a four-under, 68. The round was highlighted by a four hole stretch on his back nine on which he carded three birdies.
Penny took his two shot lead into the final round, but a triple bogie on the 6th hole open the door for those chasing him. Anthony Muttillo was the one that capitalized on this opportunity by making birdies on holes 1, 4, 5, and 7 to take the lead. Muttillo then made bogies 9, 10 and 11 to to tighten the race. He then made two more birdies on holes 15 and 16 and then made pars on the final two finishing holes to cap off a 3 stroke victory with rounds of 70-70--140 (-4). Jacob Penny, Dhruv Patel, Fred Biondi, and Patrick (Chu-Ming) Wu all finished tied for second place.
- Anthony Muttillo made 11 birdies over two rounds
- Hole 17 went from the being the second easiest hole on Saturday (4.01 avg) to the second hardest hole on Sunday (4.65 avg). No birdies were made on 17 on Sunday
- Six eagles were made over the weekend. Three in each round.
- 327 birides were made over the weekend
- 77.84 was the tournament average
- March 18 - 19 - Amelia National Golf Club, Amelia Island
- April 1 - 2 - Country Club of Winter Haven, Winter Haven
- April 29 - 30 - Old Corkscrew Golf Club, Estero
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,942 yds. 73.8 / 138|
Boys 16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
Centrally located in Florida (just north of Orlando), Black Bear Golf Club is ready to host their first Florida Junior Tour event. Black Bear GC opened in 1995 and is a P.B. Dye links style design. The golf course features undulating greens, elevated fairways, and 120 sand bunkers.
Click here to view the club's website.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, March 11th
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
11:00 AM - 12:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, March 12th
8:00 AM - 9:57 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 3:00 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Times times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $20.00 + tax. Please call 352-357-4732 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
Players are not allowed to drive golf carts (must be 18 years old to drive a cart).
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Winner receives 8 performance stars
- Top five finishers receive 4 performance stars
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard.
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $25 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
A host hotel has not been arranged at this time.
24505 Calusa Blvd.
Eustis, FL 32736
Click for Map