FJT at Old Corkscrew GC (16-18)
April 27-28, 2019
Estero, Fla. – Leopoldo Herrera and Aaron Whitley win for the first time on the FJT in 2019 at Old Corkscrew GC in Estero, April 27-28.
Leopoldo Herrera, of Doral, wins the first FJT event he entered this year at even par 144. Herrera took the early lead after carding three birdies on the back nine for a one under-par 71. Four birdies in round two, en route to a 73 finish, secured the win for Herrera by six strokes. Drew Angelo, of Bradenton, shot ten strokes better in round two to tie for second place. Angelo carded a round one 80 followed by a two under-par 70 to finish at 150 (+6). Chad Tracy posted rounds of 77-73 and Jake Nash exemplified consistency with two rounds of 75 to tie Angelo for second place.
Last year’s Girls’ Junior 13-15 Champion, Aaron Whitley, prevailed to win for the first time in 2019 on the FJT. Whitley, of Sarasota, led by one stroke after a first round 78 and was followed by Wyndom Burnett and Dina Rami in second place with a 79. Whitley scored one stroke lower, due to three birdies, in round two to remain in first place at 155 (+11). Three strokes behind finished Skylee Shin, of Doral, and Wyndom Burnett, of Citrus Springs, tied for second place at 158 (+14).
Boys 16-18 (6,772 yds, 73.9/148)
Leopoldo Herrera E (144)
Drew Angelo +6 (150)
Chad Tracy +6 (150)
Jake Nash +6 (150)
Austin Cherichella +7 (151)
Cameron Owens +7 (151)
Girls 16-18 (5,682 yds, 74.2/132)
Aaron Whitley +11 (155)
Skylee Shin +14 (158)
Wyndom Burnett +14 (158)
Andie Smith +17 (161)
Mandi Granato +17 (161)
Melanie Bailes +18 (162)
Follow the FJT:
The FJT schedule will continue at Bear Lakes Country Club, in West Palm Beach, for the Boys 13-15 division and all Girls division at Black Diamond Ranch, in Lecanto, for the Boys 16-18 division, May 11-12.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 16-18||6,772 yds., 73.9/148|
|Girls 16-18||5,682 yds., 74.2/132|
|20 MPH Wind Gusts||89 °F|
16-18 Age Division
$95 or $115 entry fee (GHIN vs non-GHIN price)
Membership is required
The Florida Junior Tour re-visits Old Corkscrew Golf Club for the 2019 season. Located in Estero, FL, this challenging course will be a great way to kick off the second half of the season.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play
- 84 total players
- 16-18 age division (age calculated by the last day of the tournament)
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 16-18 Age Division - 6,900 yards (gross only)
- Girls 16-18 Age Division - 6,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Players with an unused FJT exemption will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis (if submitted before the entry deadline).
- Players without an FJT exemption - all other entries are held until the entry closing date. Shortly after the closing date, a computer-generated random draw is performed to determine which entries are accepted, and the order of the alternates. All players are notified of their status after the random draw is conducted,
- An alternates list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information".
- Entries submitted after the entry deadline will be added to the bottom of the alternates list or used to fill any openings in the field.
Click here for more details.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must have an account on this website (free to setup), and a current FJT Junior Membership ($40). Click "Enter" above in the Tournament Links box.
The entry fee of $95 (for GHIN handicap members) or $115 (non-GHIN handicap members) includes tournament rounds, range balls prior to tournament rounds, crystal trophies for the top three finishers, and a tee gift.
To receive the GHIN handicap price, the player, or one of the player's parents must have an active GHIN handicap at a club in Florida. The seven digit GHIN number must be included and active when the entry is submitted. Click on the Handicaps tab above in the main menu for more information.
Late Fee: A late fee of $10 will applied to entries received after the entry deadline. The entry fee and late fee will only be charged if the player gets accepted into the tournament field.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 27th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:57 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Sunday, April 28th
7:45 AM - 9:42 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st and 10th tees
Approximately 2:30 PM - Awards presentation
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 239-949-4700 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top five receive 4 performance stars
- Top ten receive 1 performance star
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Top three receive 4 performance stars
- Top five receive 1 performance star
- Ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Ranked by GolfWeek
- Walking - players must walk during tournament rounds
- Spectators & Carts - Spectators are allowed. Spectator carts are available first-come, first-served at $20 + tax per day, per cart Click here
- Caddies - Caddies are not allowed
- Range Finders (Electronic Measuring Devices) - are allowed (see Local Rules link below)
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition - Click here
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this tournament.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The
decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Hotel & Accommodations
The FSGA does not have a host hotel at this time.
17320 Corkscrew Rd.
Estero, FL 33928
Click for Map