FJT Fountains Open (9-12)
September 12-13, 2020
Three Capture FJT Wins at Fountains
LAKE WORTH, Fla. – After weather cancelled the first round, Jessy Huebner, Jude Desmond and Valentina Marie Guertin were victorious on Sunday at Fountains Country Club as the tournament was shortened to 18 holes.
Huebner was victorious in the Boys 11-12 Division, Desmond won in the Boys 9-10 Division and Guertin took home the win in the Girls 11-12 Division. This is the eighth FJT win for Huebner, the second for Desmond and the first FJT victory for Guertin,
Boys 11-12 Division
Huebner earned his second FJT win of the year with a 2-under 70 in Sunday’s round. The Port Saint Lucie native got off to a quick start with a birdie on the first and made the turn at even par. Huebner put together a solid back side with three birdies, including back-to-back birdies to close out the round. He captured the five-stroke victory with the only under-par round in the field.
Andrew Tsar and Hampton Beebe finished tied for second at 3-over 74, while Ryan Nana Tanke finished fourth at 5-over 77.
Boys 9-10 Division
Desmond picked up his first FJT win since March with a 1-over 73 at Fountains CC. After a double bogey on the second hole, Desmond turned it around with a birdie on the fourth, before making the turn at 2 over. The Pompano Beach native carded a bogey-free back nine and clinched the two-shot win with a birdie on the 17th.
Cooper Foegen took home a runner-up finish at 3-over 75 and Michael Jorski finished third at 4-over 76.
Girls 11-12 Division
Guertin used a 1-over 73 to earn the big win in the Girls 11-12 Division, finishing the tournament nine-shots ahead of the field. After beginning the day with a bogey on the first, the Boynton Beach native birdied the fourth and posted a 2 over on the front side. She birdied two of her final four holes to finish the day at the top of the leader board.
Angela Jiang finished second at 10-over 82 and Fernanda Carrion finished third at 14-over 86.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Boys 11-12||5,530 yds., 67.4/124|
|Boys 9-10||5,010 yds., 65.7/118|
|Girls 11-12||5,010 yds., 70.2/125|
|Rd 1 Postponed||89 °F|
|Moderate Winds||86 °F|
Format: 36 holes individual gross stroke play; South course
Eligibility: Boys and Girls 9-12 (age calculated from the last day of the event), FJT Membership & Florida GHIN required
Entry Fee: $75
Field Determination: First-come-first-serve basis, 36 player field
Practice Round Information: $30 +tax
Divisions and Approximate Yardages
- Boys 9-10 Age Division - 5,000 yards (gross only)
- Girls 9-10 Age Division - 4,200 yards (gross only)
- Boys 11-12 Age Division - 5,500 yards (gross only)
- Girls 11-12 Age Division - 5,000 yards (gross only)
How Entries are Accepted
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Late entries will be accepted if space is available ($10 late entry fee).
- If entries have reached capacity, additional players will be placed on an alternate's list.
- The alternate's list will be posted to the FJT website under "Tee Times & Player Information."
- Entries close approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the tournament.
- At the close of entries, if the 9-10 division (boys or girls) has 3 or less entrants, those players must choose one of the following options: 1) Play up into the 11-12 division OR 2) Withdraw from the event and receive a full refund.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 12th
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM - Tournament Registration (near pro shop)
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - Round one tee times off the 1st tee
Mandatory Meeting - 30 to 45 minutes prior to tee time, 15 minutes long (more information below)
Sunday, September 13th
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM - Final round tee times off the 1st tee
Mandatory Educational Meeting - Saturday
- Each golfer MUST attend a mandatory meeting with FSGA staff prior to their tee time on Saturday.
- Topics to include: Etiquette, rules, pace-of-play, how to feel comfortable playing in events, care for the course, appreciation of club staff and volunteers.
- Meetings will generally take place near or on the practice putting green.
- Each player MUST attend the meeting associated with his/her tee time.
- Meetings will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long.
- Parents are encouraged to attend.
*If a players fails to make the meeting at their scheduled time, they will not be allowed to participate in the event.*
Five FJT Standards
Competing at beautiful clubs around the state is a privilege and it is important for all of our players and parents to place value on the following five duties:
- Say please and thank you to the club staff and our volunteers
- Rake bunkers
- Fix ball marks
- Step on/repair your divots
- Throw away your garbage! There should never be trash on the ground anywhere on the course (place trash in waste receptacles, golf carts or even your bag if no other place is available).
Showing Appreciation and Proper Manners - At all courses where juniors play, they should show appreciation to the members and staff. To all of our junior players, let's show the clubs that you are not only the most talented golfers in the country, but also the most respectful. A "thank you" to the club and taking care of the course are the best ways to make a positive impression on the club, fellow players, coaches and spectators.
How to Enter
Entries are submitted through the FSGA website. To enter, each player must create an FSGA account on this website (free to set-up), purchase a current Junior Membership ($40), and have an active Florida GHIN Handicap (included in membership if golfer does not already have one). To proceed, click the "Enter" button above once entries have opened.
Late Entry Fee: A late fee of $10 will be applied to entries submitted after the close of entries date. The entry fee and late fee will only be applied if the player gets accepted in to the tournament field.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the tournament on a space-available basis. Tee times are only available after 12:00 noon the weekend prior. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (561) 642-2719 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course, not filling divots, and not repairing ball marks are unacceptable and may cause removal from the tournament without a refund.
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
|Boys 11-12||Girls 11-12|
|Champion- 1 star||Champion- 1 star|
Florida Junior Tour Policies
There is no host hotel.