Boys' Junior Championship
July 10-12, 2012
Lebioda & Zhang Prevail at the 58th Boys' Junior
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|16-18 Sawgrass CC||6,964 yds.|
|16-18 TPC Dye's Valley||6,835 yds.|
|13-15 Sawgrass CC||6,696 yds.|
|13-15 TPC Dye's Valley||6,505 yds.|
|Sunny and Warm, PM Breeze||94 °F|
Entries close Wednesday, May 30, 2012
The 58th Boys' Junior Championship will head to Ponte Vedra Beach with Sawgrass Country Club and TPCSawgrass playing host. Sawgrass Country Club is a course rich in tradition ever since it was the original host of the PGA Tour's Player Championship from 1977-81. Carefully nurtured Tifeagle greens reward the skillful putter who has successfully negotiated over or around the picturesque lakes and bunkers that beautify the course.
Dye's Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass has had its share of legends competing on its fairways. The golf course has hosted prestigious events like the Senior Players Championship, the NFL Golf Classic, and the final stage of Senior Qualifying School. Boasting perfectly manicured surfaces and water on every hole, Dye's Valley was ranked No. 24 in Golfweek's 2011 rankings of Best Courses You Can Play in Florida.
- Open to male amateur golfers ages 13-18 as of July 12, 2012.
- Entrant must not have reached their 19th birthday by July 13, 2012 and not attending college if graduated from high school.
- Players must be (1) a resident of Florida (reside in Florida at least 4 months per year or have otherwise established legal residency); or (2) a dependent of a military personnel or a military personnel based in Florida on active duty.
Championship Field Size
Must have a handicap no higher than 17.4.
Regular (16-18) as of July 12, 2012 and Junior (13-15) as of July 12, 2012. All players will compete in the age division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship. No players are allowed to play out of their age division.
$20 ($30 - players who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap). Those individuals who advance to the Championship through qualifying must pre-register and remit an additional $120 Championship Fee either at the FSGA website or by check to the FSGA office. Payment must be received by Monday, July 2, 2012 by 3:30 pm, or the individual will be withdrawn from the Championship.
Exempt Player's Fee
$130 ($140 - players who do not have an active FSGA/GHIN Handicap).
Exempt Fee includes Championship Fee and Entry Fee for those individuals eligible for exemption. (See below)
- Fifty-Four holes of individual stroke play.
- All players play eighteen holes each at Sawgrass Country Club and TPC Sawgrass (Dye's Valley) on Tuesday, July 10th and Wednesday, July 11th.
- After thirty-six holes, the field will be cut to the low 40% of each field plus ties.
- The final eighteen holes will be played at Sawgrass Country Club. The lowest score for 54 holes will be the Champion.
- If necessary, there will be a hole by hole play-off to determine the Champion. It is the player's responsibility to be present for any play-off.
18 holes stroke play at 6 local qualifying sites. All players must walk during qualifying rounds. Players are not allowed to employ a caddie. Players are only allowed to attempt to qualify at one qualifying site per year.
Qualifying Sites - Click HERE.
Hunter O'Mahony, of Tequesta, posted rounds of 73-69-70--212 to win the boys 16-18 age division as Sam Horsfield, from Davenport, carded a 65-66-70--201 for the 13-15 age division title at Quail Valley Golf Club and Bent Pine Golf Club in Vero Beach.
Practice Round and Practice Facility Information
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship on a space available basis at either golf course. Practice rounds are restricted to after 12:00 PM on weekends and holidays. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (904) 273-3720 to arrange your practice round at Sawgrass Country Club and (904) 273-3430 for TPC Sawgrass. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
You may not make your practice round tee time before groupings are made.
Players in the following categories will be eligible for exemption provided they meet all entry, age and eligibility requirements.
- Previous Boys Junior Champions (either age division)
- Top 10 & tied from last year's Boys Junior Championship 16-18 age division
- Top 5 & tied from last year's Boys Junior Championship 13-15 age division
- Last year's Boy's Junior Match Play Champions (Championship brackets only)
- Top 3 & tied from last year's FHSAA Class 1A Golf Finals
- Top 3 & tied from last year's FHSAA Class 2A Golf Finals
- Florida Junior Tour Boys Winners (either age division) since the last Boys' Junior Championship as of the close of entries
- Top 15 & tied (16-18) and top 10 & tied (13-15) from the current year's FJT Points List as of the close of entries
- Top 15 & tied (16-18) and top 10 & tied (13-15) from last year's final FJT Points List
- Top 15 & tied (16-18) and top 10 & tied (13-15) from last Fall's final FJT Points List
- Players qualifying for any one of last year's USGA National Championships
- Players making the cut at last year's Amateur Championship
Championship Pace of Play
Click here to read the Championship Pace of Play Policy (timing checkpoints at holes 9 and 18).
Hard Card; Local Rules and Conditions of Competitions
Click here to read the Hard Card and additional Conditions of Competitions.
Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, caddie and spectator and other policies.
Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into either qualifying for the Championship or into the Championship proper.
Spectators and Caddies
Spectators are always welcome at FSGA Championships. Spectators are allowed to ride and the cost of a spectator cart is $25 plus tax. Players are not allowed to employ a caddie. Spectator carts will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and the number of carts allowed per group may be limited. Click here for spectator policies.
The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Please click on the Hotel icon for hotels in the Ponte Vedra Beach area.
Method of Payments
Sawgrass Country Club will accept Visa/Mastercard and American Express for payment, NO CASH. TPC Sawgrass will accept cash, Visa/MasterCard, and American Express for payment.
Directions to Golf Clubs
Sawgrass Country Club - Click here
TPC Sawgrass - Click here