Forty & Over Four-Ball Championship (South)
June 5-6, 2021
Lee & Neugebauer Capture 40 & Over Four-Ball with closing birdie!The South four-ball teams faced the Esplanade at Azario Lakewood Ranch for the first championship held at the new facility. The teams of Daniel Debra/Don Whittemore and Wes Taylor/Kevin Henry would take advantage of great scoring conditions and post 7-under rounds of 65 to lead after Round 1. With 19 teams within 3 shots of the lead, the championship was still anyone's to win headed into Sunday.
Daniel Debra, of Lutz, and Don Whittemore, of Temple Terrace, would continue their momentum in Round 2 with birdies on their first 2 holes to take the lead. Slowly chasing them down was the team of Jeff Neugebauer, of Wesley Chapel, and JJ Lee, of Tampa. The duo found their form as they made the turn to the back nine. Birdies on six of the first seven holes on the back nine saw them rise to the top of the leaderboard in a tie with Debra and Whittemore.
JJ Lee would face a 15 footer for birdie on the final hole of the championship with the chance to edge out Debra and Whittemore. As the putt found the bottom of the cup, Lee and Neugebauer would claim their first FSGA Championship. Their rounds of 66-63-129 were good enough for a one-stroke victory. Debra and Whittemore would share a tie for second withScott Copeland and Matthew Marino at two-day team totals of 130.
|Tee||Yardage / Info|
|Round 1||6,560 yds. 70.8/124|
|Round 2||6,643 yds. 71.3/125|
|Light Breeze||81 °F|
The Forty & Over Four-Ball (formerly the Mid-Senior Four-Ball) is the perfect opportunity for a golfing getaway. Each team consists of two players at least 40 years of age. Pair-up with a friend to take on some of the best players in the state in an always competitive four-ball event.
Format: 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play
Eligibility: FSGA member at least 40 years of age
Handicap: Florida GHIN 15.0 or less
Entry Fee: $320 per team ($160 per player)
- 36 holes of gross four-ball stroke play (commonly known as two-person best-ball)
- Maximum Field Size - 52 teams (104 players)
- The lowest team score for 36 holes will be the Champion
What is a Four-Ball? - A four-ball is a two person team where the low score of the two players on each hole is counted. It is commonly referred to as a best ball.
- Male amateur golfers at least 40 years of age as of the first day of the Championship
- Both entrants are required to be a member of the FSGA
- Active Florida GHIN of 15.0 or less at time of entry
- $320 per team ($160 per player)
Late entries will be accepted subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Saturday, June 5th
- 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Round one tee times off #1 and #10 tees.
Sunday, June 6th
- 8:30 AM - Shotgun
- Awards ceremony immediately following the completion of play
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,600 - 6,700 yards.
After 18 holes, the number of flights will be based on the number of teams and the range of scores.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the event and after 12:00 PM the weekend prior on a space available basis. The price for a practice round is $35.00 + tax per player. Please call the golf shop at 941-253-2901 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
2020's Forty & Over Four-Ball South Championship was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. In 2019, Jeff Fleeman and Kelly Sellers fired rounds of 68-64--132 (-12) which was good enough for a three-shot victory. Click here for the previous year's results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Current year's Four-Ball Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy - Click here.
- Caddies - Caddies are allowed in all FSGA Championships except Junior events. The caddie MUST walk and the player's clubs must remain on the golf cart. - Click here
- Championship Pace of Play Policy - Click here.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition - Click here.
- Championship Policies - Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates - Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule - The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
Esplanade at Azario Lakewood Ranch
4016 Santa Caterina Blvd.
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34211
Click here for directions.