FSGA Player Rankings
Player of the Year Points Lists
|Senior Player of the Year
| Junior Player of the Year
Florida Cup Points Lists
Two Year Point Lists
|Two-Year Points List||senior two-year points list|
Player-of-the-Year and Team Determination
The FSGA Championship Committee will select players for Player-of-the-Year Awards (Junior, Amateur and Senior) and players for team competitions. The Committee will consider all factors including standings on points lists (Championship Points List, Two Year Points List and Florida Junior Tour Points List) and player’s success in FSGA, USGA and other select Championships of similar status. The Amateur Player of the Year Award may be a player of any age.
Two Year Points Lists
The Two Year Points Lists will combine the full value of points from the previous year along with points earned in the current year weighted at 150% of value.
USGA Men's State Team Championship
The FSGA selects a three player team to represent Florida in this biennial competition. The team selections will include:
- The current Amateur Champion
- One player with the highest point total from the Two Year Points List as of August 21
- One player selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
Eligibility - Under NCAA guidelines, collegiate players may not compete in the State Team Championship or risk the loss of their NCAA eligibility, however, junior players are eligible.
Southeastern Challenge Match
The FSGA selects a twelve player team to represent Florida in this biennial competition against Alabama and Georgia consisting of seven Mid-Amateurs (25 and older), two Senior Amateurs (55 and older), two players 50 and older and one player 21 years and older. The team selections includes:
- (1) Senior player with the highest point totals from the Senior Two Year Points List as of September 1
- (1) Senior player selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (5) Mid-Amateur players with the highest point totals from the Two Year Points List as of September 1
- (2) Players 50 and older selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (2) Mid-Amateur players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (1) Amateur player 21 and older selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
Florida Cup Matches
The FSGA selects two sixteen player teams to represent the North and the South of Florida in this biannual competition. Each team’s selections includes:
- (2) Senior players with the highest point totals from the Two-Year Senior Player of the Year Points List
- (8) Amateur players (21 and older) with the highest point totals from the Two-Year Amateur Player of the Year Points List
- (2) Senior players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (4) Amateur players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
Players are selected by their standing on the Points Lists on the Wednesday after the Mid-Senior Four-Ball Championships. Due to NCAA regulations, college players are not eligible. Any designated selections which are not filled due to ineligibility or other reason will be selected by the FSGA Championships Committee.