FSGA Player Rankings
Player of the Year Points Lists
The FSGA Championship Committee will select players for Player-of-the-Year Awards (Junior, Amateur , Mid Amateur, Senior and Super-Senior). The Committee will consider all factors including standings on points lists (Championship Points List, Two Year Points List and Florida Junior Tour Points List) and player’s success in FSGA, USGA and other select Championships of similar status. The Amateur Player of the Year Award may be a player of any age.
To be eligible for player-of-the-year awards, players must meet Florida residency requirements. Additionally, points earned at non-FSGA events will only be added to the results for Florida residents.
Points Lists Season
Player of the Year Points Lists run November 1 - October 31, of each year. Therefore, on the Men's side, the Senior Two-Man Shoot-Out (November) is the first event for the following year's Senior & Super-Senior Points Lists and the Foursomes Championship (December) is the first event for the following year's Amateur & Mid-Amateur Points Lists.
Two-Year Points List Calculations
For the Two-Year Points Lists - (Florida Cup & Southeastern Challenge Match Team Selection) points are weighted based on the year
- Year 1 - year prior to team selection - points are worth 100% of value
- Year 2 - year of team selection - points are worth 150% of value
Florida Cup Points Lists
The Florida Cup occurs in the fall of every "even" calendar year.The FSGA selects two sixteen player teams to represent the North and the South of Florida in this biannual "Ryder Cup Format" competition. Full Florida Cup History & Information.
Each team’s selections includes:
- (2) Senior players with the highest point totals from the Two-Year Senior Player of the Year Points Lists (North and South)
- (8) Amateur players (21 and older) with the highest point totals from the Two-Year Amateur Player of the Year Points Lists (North and South)
- (2) Senior players selected by the Team Captains and FSGA Championship Committee
- (4) Amateur players selected by the Team Captains and FSGA Championship Committee
Players are selected by their standing on the Points Lists on the Wednesday after the Mid-Senior Four-Ball Championships. Due to NCAA regulations, college players are not eligible. Any designated selections which are not filled due to ineligibility or other reason will be selected by the FSGA Championships Committee.
Southeastern Challenge Point Lists
The Southeastern Challenge Match occurs in every "odd" calendar year. The FSGA selects a twelve player team to represent Florida in this biennial competition against Alabama and Georgia consisting of seven Mid-Amateurs (25 and older), two Senior Amateurs (55 and older), two players 50 and older and one player 21 years and older.
Full information about "What is the Southeastern Challenge?"
The team selections includes:
- (1) Senior player with the highest point totals from the Senior Two Year Points List as of September 20th
- (1) Senior player selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (5) Mid-Amateur players with the highest point totals from the Two Year Points List as of September 20th
- (2) Players 50 and older selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (2) Mid-Amateur players selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
- (1) Amateur player 21 and older selected by the FSGA Championship Committee
|TWo-Year Points List||senior two-year points list|